Hi from Harrogate

I've lurked here for a while now and felt I'd left it a little late to introduce myself, so I didn't, wish I had, but there you go.

There was a recent thread here about such silent lurkers that made me think twice, so here I finally am, saying hello. To be honest, and I think it was mentioned in the thread, I guess I am in awe of some, many even, of the regulars here. I haven't got much to contribute but a lot to read, and I don't think that muliple posts of "hear, hear", "nice stencilling" or "I agree" etc will help a thread anyway.

What have I got, well a Rover 10 (SWB SIIa) and a Rover 11 (LWB SIIa), Sankey trailer, Can-Am Bombardier and a sexy prototype Hossack Armstrong MT500 with single sided front fork that really should be on the road and not in the shed, well, several sheds. That little lot is mine but I don't get to play with them much as I much prefer looking after this little lot:

I'm also custodian of 2 Pink Panthers, 3 Commanders Carawagons, a LHD demonstrator V8 FFR 90, Armstrong MT500 frame number 1, Armstrong electric start MT560 frame number 1, SAS KTM350 (looney), military KTM LC4 640 (even loonier), several Sankey widetracks, enough de-acs to furnish the Pinkies, tentage to cover the lot. I have an understanding wife and family, something that I'm sure many who aren't involved in this scene wonder about. I brought the neighbours together as well. always looking for drivers and/or riders for shows, I can only take one out at a time. Who knows, then I'd get more on the road.

So I'll go back to dropping by once in a while and checking the new forum posts, if that's OK :)

As it happens, now I'm warming up, I'm getting the vehicle ready for Elvington this weekend. Changed my mind earlier this week, wasn't going to go, but I miss the rain and hail. If anyone here wanders past a pink Land Rover, say hello, don't leave it 3 and a half years like I did :)

I read on Pprune that the BBMF Lanc is stuck at Schiphol for maintenance and an engine. The Luftwaffe flew out a Merlin from England. hoping it makes it in time.

All the best

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Welcome mate have fun on here,throw away your mackintosh no more lurking,pics please ,maybe recognise some of the pinks and carrawagons.CW.

Cheers for that Fellas, it's a hard life having to look after and play with someone elses toys but I'm managing :)

Really need to get more stuff on the road though, but it's been fun with just the 2 Land Rovers and motorbikes so far. Might need to get a car transporter next, or Chinook.

Hello you old lurker. You're very modest but this man puts in an awful lot of time, that is largely not acknowledged, in running a site & club magazine.

So lime pickle butties are on you next time we meet. That reminds me, there are still some nick-nacks here with your name on from the great closing down sale.