Dodge WC51 Headlights terminal block question

Joris

On my Dodge some wires for my headlights are no longer connected to the terminal block. I tried to reconnect them but all my tries resulted in a short circuit.

What's the way to reconnect these wires? I've studied the wiring diagram but that did not help matters much.

Yes it will. I think from memory there is a connector block in the wiring adjacent to each headlight and then these go back, via the beam control switch, to the main connector block on the firewall. Or are you referring to the actual connections to the rear of the sealed beam unit.

I will have the manuals by the computer.

Madman,

If you are experiencing electrical problems connecting your headlight wires to the terminal block, it seems to me that a previous owner may have buggered up the sequence of connections on the reverse side.

You will need to find out what is connected to the other side of the terminal block. It may well be wise to start again with the connections on both sides of the block.

Good luck

Jack

This is the location in photo's:

This is the right side (steering side) of the engine, the black thing in front is the generator.

IMG_6470.JPG

IMG_6467.JPG

When I was looking for the wiring diagram I stumbled across the following two diagrams which clarify it a bit but not 100%:

If I'm not mistaken I have the following version:

6vwiring.JPG

12vwiring.JPG

OK. The problem is with the brake/stop light switch (bremslichtschalter) wiring, which is what is shown in your photo. From the diagram above I take it that you have a 6 volt electrical system? All of these wires are on the positive + side of the battery.

First of all I would check that the switch itself is not shorted out to ground. Those terminal screws on it look to be very long and close to the body/chassis, if they touch it that's the problem.

I'll post more later when I've had chance to look over the diagrams.

Hi MM,

I'd say both the wiring diagrams you posted are for 12 volt trucks,the first one shows two 6V batteries and the second shows a single 12V.

Matt.