Recent Find I D needed please.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Looks like a test vehicle from somewhere like Chertsey, and based on a CVR(T), reckon it has either a load carrying area on the back or a weapons platform. I not it is longer, with unequal spacing between some of the road wheels..........Streaker perhaps?

Thats interesting Richard,sort of tallys with what i have been told i think.

Picture116.png

Picture114.png

Picture110.png

It looks almost like a mini CET, interesting that the rear lights appear to be at the front? Could this be one of those radio controlled prototypes that were being trialled? The yellow box on the barrels is a Chieftain turret bin, often fitted to CVRT turrets too.

It looks almost like a mini CET, interesting that the rear lights appear to be at the front? Could this be one of those radio controlled prototypes that were being trialled? The yellow box on the barrels is a Chieftain turret bin, often fitted to CVRT turrets too.

I think my assumption on Chertsey may be right as it has a Special Project reg number (SP).

..Streaker perhaps?

Dont look Ethell:shocked:To late:rofl:

Just got word ,Striker listed as trialls.Swinfire.

We need a Google shot of the Dairy crest (stilton cheese factory)wheres our pilot.:sweat:

Dont look Ethell:shocked:To late:rofl:

Just got word ,Striker listed as trialls.Swinfire.

We need a Google shot of the Dairy crest (stilton cheese factory)wheres our pilot.:sweat:

03SP39.........not sure about it being a Striker, I have photos of trials Strikers, 03SP40 and 03SP41, so it sort of fits, perhaps the number was reused, or more likely, a Striker hull was modified for another purpose. The workshops at Chertsey had great facitlities, with manipulators for welding tank hulls, etc, so possible it was stretched. If you look the hull is slightly longer than a normal CVR(T), something else which is odd, the exhaust exits towards the normal front end, that and the rear lights denotes it drove the opposite direction.

Oh, thanks Clive, just spotted your reply

Edited by Richard Farrant
Clive's post

someone have the street and town so it can be googled ?

The closest i have is Nottingham which is north of London,thats all i know its not there but close,so need to know whats in the area.:-D

The closest i have is Nottingham which is north of London,thats all i know its not there but close,so need to know whats in the area.:-D

Dairy Crest have about five plants producing Stilton, one is at Hartington Derbyshire, SK17 0AH ( put the postcode in Google Map search )....................is this related to the CVR(T) ??

CW,

I am in Nottingham. How did you find this vehicle, is it for sale? Are there any other interesting things on this site? I could do a recce!

Chris

PM sent.

Some more photos. I still don't really know what it's for. It seems there's a load of hydraulics or pneumatics at the front (which is actually the back) which adjust the suspension.

Chris

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Some more photos. I still don't really know what it's for. It seems there's a load of hydraulics or pneumatics at the front (which is actually the back) which adjust the suspension.

Chris

Just a stab in the Dark, But. is it a flat sort of 'cargo area in the rear? And also, that study looking square section bar. Does it have about 4-6 holes drilled in the top of it? (Barrel clamp) If so, it is POSSIBLE, that it MAY have been used as trials feasability study for a gun platform of some type. PERHAPS, Wombat?

The Hydraulics mods you mention might be an attempt of some kind of rapid adustment like the Swedish 'S' Tank. I would have thought that the weapons own Elevation & Trav mechs would be sufficient.

BUT, if the (Possible) weapon to be utilised was ridgedly mounted & possibly fired from within without exposing the crew. This would explain a lot. Trouble is, when the first round is fired, you need to get out to reload!

BUT, the experimental boys got up to all sorts of Timewasting projects!

Just a thought. :idea:

Mike,

The drivers position is relocated to the flat bit at the front (previously rear) of the vehicle. I can't see how you could mount anything anywhere on this vehicle. It's very strange.

Chris

Mike,

The drivers position is relocated to the flat bit at the front (previously rear) of the vehicle. I can't see how you could mount anything anywhere on this vehicle. It's very strange.

Chris

It was probably a feasabilty exercise to see how the vehicle handled / performed with drive train at the rear. The adjustable suspension and added length could be a clue. There was no point in creating the complete piece of equipment if problems were found in the basic vehicle. It could be as someone has said, that it might have been aimed at something like the S tank, or possibly a lightweight CET. The CET has suspension locks when operating the bucket, you do not need the hull bobbing up and down when operating, those rams may have been for that purpose. As Mike says, at Chertsey, they dreamed up all sorts of ideas.