1/2t dodge

I have a WC21 in pieces and a WC16 in even more pieces.

First picture is of WC21 when it arrived, it is stripped now.

Second is stripped, cleaned and primered WC16 chassis, third is an example of original markings found on tailgate of WC16, we found all original markings on bonnet, tail gate, rear bumperettes, front bumper, cab sides and even the name of the radio operator who 'used' it during the war - thanks to some help from the super 6th historian in the States. We will faithfully recreate the markings, even down to the bonnet star being 1/8" higher on one side than the other.... Finding all the markings was a good day in the shed.....

If WC16 markings are of any interest, follow this link to some of the images i have of the markings as they were unearthed.... There are lots of them, and lots that i haven't uploaded yet.

http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/showgallery.php?cat=1926&page=1

Ken

dodge 7.jpg

Ptdchassis1.jpg

IMG00051.jpg

thanks for pictures ken i will have to learn how to post pics on here i have a wc 1 and a wc 12 that are very complete and very original you can still see the numbers and the stars on them also there is a wc3 and a wc 4 that need alot of work and putting back together there is also a ambulance that someone yes you guessed it cut the back of to make a pick up luckily there should be enough spares to build the 3&4 up again so cant wait to make a start thanks mark

I have most of the bits to put these two back together, the Sherman has distracted me, and now we are busy getting 5 of the vehicles ready for Elvington and then Normandy. Normandy has 'forced' me to get round to all sorts of long standing jobs - for example fitting the temp gauge to the Diamond T - which has been happily running without one for three years (foolish i know but i had other things to do), fixing the fractured manifold riser on the DT (which was done with help a fellow HMVF member), brakes on the half track, remarking all the vehicles (with help from Axeholme who are very good), buckets full of oil and grease - and so it goes on.

I am looking for a top windscreen rail for the command car (WC16) and the WC21 so if you have any stuffed up your jumpers, or in the garden shed and they are for sale let me know. Oh, and the ever present search for parts for the Sherman interior is still going on....

A couple more pictures of the original WC16 markings enclosed.

Ken

IMG00016.jpg

IMG00018.jpg

• 3 years later...
hi how many people have a 1/2t dodge out there i have a few coming in soon with a load of spares be interesting to see how many there are?

I have a Nov 1940 closed cab pickup nearly back together

pics here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/110359745280260589931/albums/5718745926153281361?banner=pwa

Could do with some tailgate hardware

Regards

john

Thor Nogson

Mark Galley, 50cal, who started the post died a couple of years ago

The ones Mark imported were sold to someone in Russia prior to him passing away but were not collected. It took some time and effort to track down the purchaser after Mark died, however they did eventually finish up with their rightfull owner.