U.S Ranger display

Lord Burley

The following pics stem from over 25 years of my brother collecting weapons,kit and uniforms from the 2nd Ranger Battalion.

During the very early 90,s we decided to put the lot in to one big diorama at shows.All the uniforms and weapons are 100% genuine.I consider it a great effort by my brother,who managed to do all of this on his own,without the help from others or groups.It was painstaking in setting up,and could be very frustrating at times at shows.

I hope that the pics can be of some help to others in finding the right period kit.Hopefully i can get my brother to come on here.He is a member here.But finds it hard to look at the forum,as he is in the police and on constant operations.

The following pics were taken at Tilbury fort in 1993.......................

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Well done mate,i have seen these first hand,i cant believe they never won an award.Just shows you all that effort,The things they give prizes to .did you see that old champ at Duxford a couple of years ago.:-D

Edited by catweazle (Banned Member)

Its an absolute pain in setting up,and caused many a quarrel before a show.We have managed to get the manaquins down to four now.With them being all sitted in the jeep.We still have a good ground display around it.The hardest job is trying to keep the uniforms in good condition,as they are over 60 years old.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Its an absolute pain in setting up,and caused many a quarrel before a show..

I remember one year it caused that much agro you never got to Beltring.

It aint worth it mate,most of the punters want civi l/rovers dressed up as military pref s3.and if its got a gun even better,grandad can sit little willy in it and take his picture whilst your away.and dont for ---- sake say anything if you catch them,your get told its on display aint it.I would of thought it was a nightmare watching all your stuff,must stop you going around the show yourself.What you havnt told everbody is all there pockets were filled with the correct kit as well.This display really was musuem quality. i think it was ignored because there wasnt one person who had enough knowledge to take you on or put in a mag.:-D

I remember one year it caused that much agro you never got to Beltring.

It aint worth it mate,most of the punters want civi l/rovers dressed up as military pref s3.and if its got a gun even better,grandad can sit little willy in it and take his picture whilst your away.and dont for ---- sake say anything if you catch them,your get told its on display aint it.I would of thought it was a nightmare watching all your stuff,must stop you going around the show yourself.What you havnt told everbody is all there pockets were filled with the correct kit as well.This display really was musuem quality. i think it was ignored because there wasnt one person who had enough knowledge to take you on or put in a mag.:-D

You have hit the nail on the head there.Its not like when we first started some 20 or so years ago.There was still many veterans around,who would come over and always have a tale to tell,or just enquire.They are not about any more.We are left with an un-informed nation,that have little knowledge about anything ,let alone the war.

Getting back to keeping an eye on things.Then i'm sure that some bits were half inched over the years.There was simply too much to remember what he had.We did catch someone trying to walk off with a grenade at Beltring one year.

for the first time Beltring last year was so much more enjoyable as we didnt have to baby sit all the stuff.You could never relax while it was on display,as you were always watching for light fingers.