Dartmoor Halftracks?

ajmac

This sounds like fantasy to me but I'll ask anyway:

Chatting to a work colleague today we got talking about his time at agricultural collage in the 80's, where one of his friends spoke of seeing a dozen ‘unloved’ wartime German halftracks (one would presume 251s) in a warehouse on Dartmoor. No more info ATM, but does it ring any bells?

There proably out trying to grit the roads at the moment.:-D I did know the farrier who went to Dartmoor Prision. They had during the late '70s twenty Dartmoor Ponies supposedly for officers to use in case of escapes and bad weather. Have you seen the size of the avaerage Dartmor pony?

This sounds like fantasy to me but I'll ask anyway:

Chatting to a work colleague today we got talking about his time at agricultural collage in the 80's, where one of his friends spoke of seeing a dozen ‘unloved’ wartime German halftracks (one would presume 251s) in a warehouse on Dartmoor. No more info ATM, but does it ring any bells?

Yeh, a friend of a friend of mine saw them, they were stored next to the new-in-the-crate $50 Jeeps! :D

- Hanno

They could have been US halftracks, given that most films by that time used them to play Germans, many people would think they were German.

A friend of mine bought his M14 from a contractor in Norfolk in about 1980 after I saw several doing sea defence work on the beach. They had quite a fleet and one left completely unmodified as they bought it.