New addition from Bovington Tank Museum Freinds

JoelH

Hey guys, found these forums a few days ago. Very impressive, I worked at the Tank Museum Workshops over the past 2 summers, and have been a volunteer there over the past 4 years. I have worked on a variety of different vehicles, and have driven the following:

* M113

* M548

* Saracen

* Saladin

* Ferret

* Sherman

* Leopard 1

* Scorpion

* Sherman M4A2

* Cougar

* Morris Armoured Car

* Marman Herrington

* Saxon

* FV 432

* FV 434

* Tracked Rapier

* M16

* Fox

* Willys Jeep

* Snow Cat

* Linx

* Centaur

* Calf Dozer

* Wheel Barrow (H License required).

I am sure that a lot of you have been to the tank museum. Possibly for a Tank Fest or one of the summer events, and if you haven't its worth a visit. If you are interested you could also consider joining the Tank Museum Friends, they do a lot of volunteer work with the museum.

Just wondered if they was anyone else here from the workshops, seems a logical place for people to come talk...

Thanks,

Fruitbat (* Nickname* )

Edited by JoelH

Welcome to the forum. I have been volunteering at Bovy for a number of years. Big Al from here is also one of us.

Thanks, and yes the Pearson's you guys drove the Matilda 2 and the Crusader at Tank Fest? Big Al? UN ferret Alan?

Thanks for the welcome 6x6, I was lucky to have summers free to help with the displays, and as the displays have been increased (or where last year) too 1 per day... it was a great opportunity. I love the maintenance more than the driving to be honest.

Not the Tank Museum, but I'm in the Duxford workshops. Nice to meet you :)

Hello Lauren, we where shown around Duxford by the head of the land based stuff... Amazing day out, you have a great set-up over there, with some amazing kit. It was mid-week so no one was around, but there was a T-Tank outside in the process of having its tracks and suspension removed.

Thanks snapper, its always a problem finding spare time.

Thanks Shakey, very true!

Fruitbat

Edited by JoelH

Thanks, and yes the Pearson's you guys drove the Matilda 2 and the Crusader at Tank Fest? Big Al? UN ferret Alan?

Thanks for the welcome 6x6, I was lucky to have summers free to help with the displays, and as the displays have been increased (or where last year) too 1 per day... it was a great opportunity. I love the maintenance more than the driving to be honest.

Yes that is us with the Matida and the Crusader, I am the old one along with no. 1 son. If you want to annoy him, refer to him as my younger brother. It bugs the hell out of him! Big Al is another one of our team, don't think he had anything to do with the UN ferret though.

Yes that is us with the Matida and the Crusader, I am the old one along with no. 1 son. If you want to annoy him, refer to him as my younger brother. It bugs the hell out of him! Big Al is another one of our team, don't think he had anything to do with the UN ferret though.

Hi and welcome, has john says above I am part of the team and enjoy it. John is right I did not have anything to do with the un ferret last years tank feast but helped in getting there sarcen moving, was in the top of the crusader and matida and was given the chance to drive the matida look forward to meeting you at a workshop weekend.

Alec

Big Al