LongJohn says Hi..

LongJohn

Hi, just joined the forum and although I'm too poor to actually own any of the vehicles described on this site, the very first vehicle I drove 'seriously', in the Army was a K9. A vehicle I regarded with much affection, plenty of poke, no sychromesh, and quite good looking in its time.

Welcome to the friendly forum , The only requirement is an interest in things basicly Military colored while ownership is optional . If you have any photo's from your time in the service please feel free to post them as photo's from real service are ways to confirm how it really was . You will find a number of folks here that will want to ask many questions of your experiances with K9's which before I joined I thought was only connected to the name of the Robot Dog that traveled with the Doctor , OK OK and to Police dogs .

Please to keep your distance from the kennels as many of the other members keep their semi wild beasts in there ........Ferrets , Weasels , Hippos etc .

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Welcome to the fun palace. Be prepeared to answer al sorts of silly questions.

Normally from Tony,welcome mate,what about champs?CW

Happy Christmas to you John, its not necessarily too expensive depending on the vehicle you own, a K9 is probably one of the least expensive to own, tax exempt, MOT exempt, just over a hundred to insure and far more comfortable to camp in than a Land Rover / Jeep.

Bodge forgot to say 3rd prize is... pushing Jack's truck

cheers Paul

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. A little on my background, I spent a total of 11 years in the REME as a VM, for most of that time working on Centurions and Chieftains, with a 3 year spell in the middle with the Royal Artillery fixing Abbots, 432's and a few Stalwarts. When I was demobbed in 1973, I worked in Iran for nearly 5 years in support of a large export order to the Shah involving some 800 Chieftains.

Champs were dealt with in training, but were out of service by the time I joined my first Regiment.

While it was all a long time ago, if I can help in any way, I will, and if I don't know the answer, I am still in touch with a whole load of former Comrades who may.

Christmas went well with 4 generations attending and I would like to wish you all a very Happy and prosperous New Year.

Thats perfect as a number of members here have many of those same age and vehicle types right now . While they maybe resourceful in getting spares and tools located its always better to have someone who's done it before when trying to get things sorted out or get something apart in a way that allows it to be rebuilt rather than chucked .

Have a peek at the different threads and feel free to comment.

Great to have you here LongJohn.

Your stories will be most welcome. Have a good look around the place and fill yer boots. The clubhouse, as you can see, offers a beautiful vista across sunswept plains, where gum trees climb majestically. The bar is always open and the vehicle park, full. The Friendly Forum is the place to be.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

MB

, I worked in Iran for nearly 5 years in support of a large export order to the Shah involving some 800 Chieftains.

You learn something new every day on here! Crikey, that was a few more than we had wasn't it?

Welcome LongJohn, nice Champ answer - best not to excite Catweazle too much too soon, keep him sweating a bit longer :n00b: