Other passions

les freathy

O K guys and gals we are all well into preservation, history research etc on military and old vehicles but we must all have at least one other passion in life besides the obvious so to start this for a bit of fun heres mine and has been since i was 15 years old. Believe me they have been put to good use over the years and here are 2 thirds of my collection, so whos next up

hmvf1.jpg

hmvf2.jpg

When Im not running the business...

I spend a lot of my time analysing these things. A type of Roman pottery from Gaul called Samian made between 1st century and 3rd century. Most of the stuff I get to look at is in bits, and incredibly small bits at that. I weigh, identify who made them and where they come from. Then compile a report. Mrs W thinks Im barmy-crackers but it beats watching mush on the TV.

58504026_d3110765e2_o.jpg

W3.jpg

Edited by Rick W
more info

When Im not running the business...

I spend a lot of my time analysing these things. A type of Roman pottery from Gaul called Samian made between 1st century and 3rd century. Most of the stuff I get to look at is in bits, and incredibly small bits at that. I weigh, identify who made them and where they come from. Then compile a report. Mrs W thinks Im barmy-crackers but it beats watching mush on the TV.

58504026_d3110765e2_o.jpg

W3.jpg

do you consider your self a "crack pot" :-D

Ashley

Well as mentioned be for i always had an interest in modern German Military history (1900 -1945) once being a collector of anything and every thing.

A lot of subsections of the hobby have been dropped as prices rose and i sold my cloth badge collection to purchase the jeep,but have still kept the interest alive through helmets(now too expensive and well faked but i have kept them all) and Iron crosses just managing to hang in there with these.

A few pictures

DSCF0193.JPG

view left side.JPG

longer shot.JPG

luft art frontal.JPG

DAK eagle.JPG

DSCF0238.JPG

O K guys and gals we are all well into preservation, history research etc on military and old vehicles but we must all have at least one other passion in life besides the obvious so to start this for a bit of fun heres mine and has been since i was 15 years old. Believe me they have been put to good use over the years and here are 2 thirds of my collection, so whos next up

Nice collection, have got a few myself, Strat, LPx2 and an Ibanez. Playing in a band is a major passion, on a par with driving my Jeep.

You know how to hurt somebody don't you ? :-D And if I said the good looking one at the back it wouldn't help much would it . The pretty ladies are the lovely Sarah (on the left) , landlady of one of our favourite pubs & some of her equally lovely mates.

I'm at the back right of the first pic - singing & percussing as usual - centre of the middle pic .

• 2 weeks later...