Next year's going to be hard.

rambo1969

Catweazle John, there isn't much I can say to you and I can't pretend I know how you feel. That would be bullzhit. If I get the chop in January, which is 50-50 I might cry into my hubcaps - but until then I'll be soldiering on. It's quite easy really. Jack is a supreme optimist, he wants to make the best out of any situation. It doesn't work for everyone. He ain't no guru. But I like what he says and I think his heart is firmly in the right place.

I look forward to seeing everybody at some time in the months ahead. I think having something to do - be it MVs, collecting bottle tops or ballroom dancing, is what keeps us sane. This is most important. I won't let the bastards grind me down - in english or latin (thanks TB!). Losing your motors after all your hard work would be tragic, but your livelihoods and families have to come first.

God speed,

MB

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
I think you might just as well retire now CW, if the mandarins in Europe get their way with the proposed new barmy idea all independents in the motor trade including all the factors and aftermarket manufacturers will be shut down.

www.r2rc.co.uk

These people couldnt lay in bed straight mate,the day they do something for the benifit of europe will be like VE day all over again.:-D

This country is in a mess right now and my sympathy goes out to those who fear for their jobs, but I like Jack and Mark's optimism, be flexible, think outside the box, the only way is up!

I started working for myself the day after I got my mortgage through in 1975 as knew I couldn't afford to pay it on the measly wages I was getting, and yes I fibbed! It was very hard to get one at all those days!

I started with three days work ahead of me and never had a plan, just did any sort of work to earn money, my dad said it doesn't matter what you do as long as you learn something every day, you soon find your niche.

Lived through the last two recessions but this one seems worse, I've just retired and out of it now, but enjoyed it immensely. I would say to anyone looking for a job, work for someone else and you will be too busy working to make any money, work for yourself learn a privately marketable skill and go for it.

well i work as a freelance coach driver and for me times are starting to get tight but i will continue to do as many shows as i can the main ones will be spta,horndean,mil mayhem and a few locally in sussex

i will admit some of the drivers for some of the componies that i work for are seriously struggeling and even the local bus company has now been sold off

This country is in a mess right now and my sympathy goes out to those who fear for their jobs, but I like Jack and Mark's optimism, be flexible, think outside the box, the only way is up!

Right - us three need to get together work out a plan for everyone else :cool2:

For my sins, :shake: I drive for a company in London. Youv'e hit the good points. If I published the bad points I'd be banned Censored and shot at dawn. There are a hell of a lot of changes going on in the industry at the moment with new technology in London and the EEC Drivers CPC. But the pay at least in London ain't bad PM if it's a TfL company and I'll try and give you some more info.

Victor kyam the man who loved the product so much he bought the company.once said the best time to start a business was in a recession,

His example was in office stationary,He said companys needed to buy less but there suppliers had minium orders.So you sell them only what they need and when things pick up they will stick with you.

He also wrote a book called Alice in Wonderland under another name.

I think some of the views are simplistic.When you are contracted and it isnt working and you think a change would be good,the contract wont go away.Fine Mr John of you go do something else,yeah right,before you go would you like to pay the lease up its just £56.000.Not a limited co,never mind sell your house pay of the mortgage and we will have the rest.

All the people who have the answers are in a position of strength,havnt come across one failed business man living in the arches in london yet who has the answer.Lots of business that fails due to outside influence and not down to the fact that people didnt know what they were doing.

I started in the street with £80 on return from Africa,I didnt really wont to work on L/R products any more as i had been doing it since 1974.

People i kept bumping into kept nagging me to work on them so it started all over again,Was it worth it,I have enjoyed the challenge to some degree

But if i add up all the hours spent it was for a pitence really.I am sure there are plenty on here who can relate to that.My dad told me to learn maths as the whole world revolved around figures,i hated maths.looking back now i reckon he was right,You can get things totally wrong and ruin thousands of peoples lives and still be rewarded if you know your maths.

I wouldnt encourage youngsters to enter this game,its over we are the last.We will be joining the shoe menders,watchmakers.

i would like to be able to get thro till the end of the lease.

Then cross the channell,in the likes of this and put it all behind me.

destiny.jpg

destinywhouse.jpg

destinywhouse2.jpg

destinygalley.jpg

Note the name.

rambo tony and roger(redcap) both drive in london

i used to drive buses when i first started and it wasnt bad but shiftwork and 12 hour days were not for me so i became a coach driver

i know some companys pay you to do the licence and all the paperwork but you are stuck with them for a couple of years

hope you get sorted out ok mate

I wouldnt encourage youngsters to enter this game,its over we are the last.We will be joining the shoe menders,watchmakers.

Not sure if we´re on the same page, but for a guy (or girl) in Holland with a sound technical background and not afraid to get their hands dirty, the employers line up in great numbers.

We have welders, fitters, mechanics, you name it, coming from all over Europe and beyond working here.

H.

Victor kyam the man who loved the product so much he bought the company.once said the best time to start a business was in a recession,

His example was in office stationary,He said companys needed to buy less but there suppliers had minium orders.So you sell them only what they need and when things pick up they will stick with you.

He also wrote a book called Alice in Wonderland under another name.

I think some of the views are simplistic.When you are contracted and it isnt working and you think a change would be good,the contract wont go away.Fine Mr John of you go do something else,yeah right,before you go would you like to pay the lease up its just £56.000.Not a limited co,never mind sell your house pay of the mortgage and we will have the rest.

All the people who have the answers are in a position of strength,havnt come across one failed business man living in the arches in london yet who has the answer.Lots of business that fails due to outside influence and not down to the fact that people didnt know what they were doing.

I started in the street with £80 on return from Africa,I didnt really wont to work on L/R products any more as i had been doing it since 1974.

People i kept bumping into kept nagging me to work on them so it started all over again,Was it worth it,I have enjoyed the challenge to some degree

But if i add up all the hours spent it was for a pitence really.I am sure there are plenty on here who can relate to that.My dad told me to learn maths as the whole world revolved around figures,i hated maths.looking back now i reckon he was right,You can get things totally wrong and ruin thousands of peoples lives and still be rewarded if you know your maths.

i would like to be able to get thro till the end of the lease.

Then cross the channell,in the likes of this and put it all behind me.

destiny.jpg

destinywhouse.jpg

destinywhouse2.jpg

destinygalley.jpg

Note the name.

What a boat!.Can you actually live on that all year round?.Or are you limited to so many months a year?.

Quick Query! Why the ** do you need Sat Nav on a RIVER BOAT? :n00b:

This boat is built to offshore standards,allowing coastal passages,english channell crossing,have a look at the size of the inland waters in Holland.

It also has the bigger engine.:-D

What a boat!.Can you actually live on that all year round?.?.

Yes.and if you move every couple of days its free,apart from the river licence.:cool2: