Hi from a Russian truck owner

Rob Reznik

Hi - I joined the forum a few weeks ago but have only now been able to find the time to post a few words of introduction. I own a few Russian vehicles from the smaller Uaz 469 and 452 to the bigger Zil 131, Zil 433180, Ural 375, Kraz 255b and the twin engine Zil 135.

IMGP1964.jpg

I live in Wolverhampton but the trucks are located a few miles away in South Staffs - anyone wishing to have a look at them is most welcome to pop in for a :coffee: and chat. I also run a website for the trucks at www.zil131.com . I've noticed a few members on here that I already know but anyone wishing to find out more about these vehicles please feel free to pm me. I am going to try and do a few more shows with them next year but the logistics sometimes prove difficult and the last journey I did in the big 135 returned 1.3 gallons per mile :shocked:

Rob

Welcome to the forum... wow that's a bit of kit:shocked:

anyone wishing to find out more about these vehicles please feel free to pm me

Please don't keep to PM's but post on the forum so we can all share...

Cheers Lee

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

1.3 gallons per mile :shocked:Rob

At last something that matches the fuel consumption of the boat.

Well Done,Have fun on here.CW.

Welcome to the Friendly Forum.

That is something else, Rob. Looking forward to seeing it some day. Have seen unladen version at Beltring before. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your kit. When I restart research on HMVF's MV guide in the New Year I will have to speak with you!

MB

:-D

Hi again Rob, the Big Russian Truck gallery could do with some well informed owner content, we're impressed. Could you let us know the turning circle as the herbaceous borders round the clubhouse drive may need moving back a bit!

What turning circle? Don't you mean 'The Orbit'? :-D

Thanks for the welcome - the missiles are copies of the frog 7 - not quite finished yet and need to paint them Matt!! - yes its the transporter as opposed to the launcher - I think this version looks better with the three missiles on but I would have been just as happy with a single on the launcher - turning circle - well my 'Haynes' manual mentions 12.5 meters :shocked: but it certainly feels more although it does steer on the front and rear axles. Has the normal Russian CTIS plus permanent difflock on all 8 wheels making it very difficult to get stuck :-D - much more comfortable to drive in than the 'smaller' Zil's and Urals due to the 'ballon' tyres although it only has suspension on the front and rear axles.

Not sure what shows I will be doing next year but if anyone would like to make some sort of contribution towards transport costs I'll try my best to get it to a few events.

rob

Would be easier to send you here http://www.zil131.com/gallery2/rob-rezniks-photos?page=1 where there are plenty of mine and other Russian trucks but here are a few

Didnt expect this puddle to be so deep :shocked: - should have gone through it though if I would have spent 2 minutes preparing the Zil first!

wetzil_041_sized.jpg

Unmolested Ural just returned home after collecting her in my Volvo from the German/Dutch border

uralvolvo.jpg

Kraz Cab off at start of restoration

P1010018.jpg

Rotten wooden frame from Kraz Cab

P1010025.jpg

Rob

Would be easier to send you here http://www.zil131.com/gallery2/rob-rezniks-photos?page=1 where there are plenty of mine and other Russian trucks but here are a few

Didnt expect this puddle to be so deep :shocked: - should have gone through it though if I would have spent 2 minutes preparing the Zil first!

wetzil_041_sized.jpg

Unmolested Ural just returned home after collecting her in my Volvo from the German/Dutch border

uralvolvo.jpg

Kraz Cab off at start of restoration

P1010018.jpg

Rotten wooden frame from Kraz Cab

P1010025.jpg

Rob

:shocked: That 1st pic.............:sweat: how did you get it out,..........( I'm assuming by your caption you drowned out.)

Great pic's, and when I get the chance I'll certainly stop by your site. :)

Learn summat every day,..........didn't know cab frame on some russian trucks were wooden.

Cheers for posting.

Andy