Humber Mk 4 AC

Niels v

On request here are some pictures of the two Humber’s that I am working on, they are own by the Royal Hussar regiment and the royal arms museum.

One is going to be fully restored, the other is parts donor, and is going to a static display. (Not my decision)

The first.

this is the one that is going to run again, it had been at a regiment, for many years, most of the years indoor, then when the regiment moved, in 2000, it left out side a tank workshop nearby, in the process of moving it the axles where removed.

Then 2 years ago, it was decide that the historical vehicles that the army had should be preserved.

So two clubs where formed, one at the Hussars and one at the Dragoons, with the purpose of restoring and maintaining the old vehicles.

We got the Humber 1,5 years ago.

It was missing drive shafts, main and transfer gearbox, a lot of the electrical equipment and various bits and pieces.

Its build in 42. The engine is rebuilt in 44, and the first time we tried to start it, it sprung to life with ease. The last time it ran was in the late fifties, this just proves how good British vehicles are.

The second

We got the second this spring, this one have been stored out side near the sea for many years, so it’s in a very bad state.

The good thing about it, is that it been taken out of service, welted shut and then parked, so it’s mostly complete.

This will act as the parts donor for the other and then be restored to a certain degree, but not running.

We are still missing things for them so if any one has parts, please PM me, its mostly the electrical boxes and fittings that’s missing.

I also want to thank Richard Farrant, Dirk Leegwater, Clive Hughes and Jim Burril fore there help

And its the carrier I posted a pic of early thats park next to the Humber one the first picture

G101.jpg

P9080047.jpg

CIMG02592.jpg

CIMG02662.jpg

CIMG02692.jpg

CIMG0312.JPG

CIMG0395.JPG

Billede%20028.jpg

Billede%20029.jpg

CIMG0455.JPG

Edited by Niels v

And here are some pictures of the second

We haven’t started taking that apart yet.

I am also very interested in getting some more internal pictures of Humber’s so we can locate what’s missing.

But feel free to post pictures of other Humber’s here, every thing helps :)

The last 2 pictures is numbers that I have found on the first Humber

CIMG0422.JPG

CIMG0433.jpg

CIMG0436.JPG

CIMG0437.jpg

CIMG10812.jpg

CIMG1190.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

Here is the drivers seat before and after.

And to derail myself a bit here is a picture of what the Dragoon club is restoring at the moment........ lucky b.......

we are only going to sand last the Humbers Chassi, there is almost no rust on the hull, so we are only using a wirebrus on a angelgrinder to removing the many layers of topcoat paint.

CIMG0298.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Dsc01571%20[800x600].jpg

CIMG1073.JPG

Edited by Niels v

Made some photos of the interior our finished Humber mk4. Though I could post them up here for other people.

mk4dsc07144kg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

mk4dsc07168vy6.th.jpgthpix.gif

mk4dsc07244fe4.th.jpgthpix.gif

mk4dsc07245uv7.th.jpgthpix.gif

mk4dsc07246nu4.th.jpgthpix.gif

Sideline: BESA is not mounted (stacked in weapon locker), also all bullets are inert and 37mm is deactivated (all license acquire).

Hi

last night I was looking at the sales adds that Rex Cadman, has on the war and peace show page, and I saw this, it looks very much like a Humber AC, standing in the back ground, can any one confirme this?

From what I could see there was a lot of very rare things rusting away in that field, is he restoring them ore ..?

298b.jpg