M3 Stuarts - just arrived...!

Jack

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

They did indeed come from south america,found by RRs Mr stallwood,confused why they have them,maybe they made him an offer he couldnt refuse,maybe he sold them twice,not unheard of:rofl:

Rumours of £80,000 restored.

Not america i think you'll find as i was told by the man himself from BRAZIL!

Yes they recovered about 20 of them and i wouldnt like to guess at a price.

Interesting man stalwalt if you ever get to meet him well known for his involvment in military vehichles. And for praking a dukw on a mulberry harbour and sleeping on it over night.

Anyway there you have it

Alex

Not america i think you'll find as i was told by the man himself from BRAZIL!

well known for his involvment in military vehichles.

Alex

And a lot of other things ,where would you like me to start.:-D

Just like the man ,had them sold before he did the deal to buy.He will be at a birthday party we are attending see what i can find out.

Before he had them would be his style,he probably didnt even use his money,he would of made them pay up front.

They were unloading the first shipment down at RR Services the other week when we went down on the abortive attempt to bring little Maud home. Mike said then he'd be looking at around the £80,000 to £90,000 mark once they were up and running. They had 16 in total, 8 I think were in the UK already at that time. I know Kerry had had to send their low-loader up to Tilbery as one of the containers had the rear doors sprung due to one shifting in transit and the authorities wouldn't let it out of the docks in that condition. The ones we saw being unloaded were chock full of spare parts.

I think you just described the whole WW2 tracked armour scene Joris!! :shocked::cry:

Described to a tee!

From CMV on War and Peace 2008 ''There were reports that a Multibank Sherman sold on site for the price of a modest house''

Silly Money!!!!!!

There's no denying that ww2 armour has gone mad with Shermans seemingly being what everybody wants. Demand currently outstrips supply so prices are bound to be high.

I got mine in 1991 and there were several more to be had for £1000 each. They were admitedly in poor condition but nobody was queuing up to buy them. Mine was also a typical target and is now fully restored inside and out. It just took me about 4000 hours hard work to get it like that!