New home..

Metroman

At the the weekend Mark & myself drove to Falmouth to collect this

2903369123_83a52d1d94.jpg

2904213224_b986292cdf_b.jpg

All in all a busy Saturday night & all of Sunday, due to the GG not wanting to starting after the first petrol stop, we kept her running during the second. Pulledover for coffee, left her ticking over only to notice she had stopped again. This put us back even further, after phoning a knight in green armer, it was agreed to park up at Wayne's yard (thanks Wayne).

I dropped Mark off & headed home, got in at 10.30. We had covered 740 miles in the Toyota costing £65.00 :-D, the Goddess was a different story, so far £191.00 to Wayne's yard another 120 miles to go :cry:.

It will be worth it. Impressive cruising speed 67 mph, I have attached a couple of youtube links.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crikey. :shocked:

Didn't think they went that fast. Thought fifty was about tops.

Should have had the sirens and lights on going at that speed, clear a bit of the traffic :whistle:

No wonder the old girl wanted a rest every now and again.

During my tenure with 215 Sqdn RCT (VR) the troop sergeant was a HGV fitter by trade and he "breathed" on all our vehicles - with carying degrees of success. Most of the RL and RLW's were capable of around 60 mph+ and one in particular (21 EP 60) was good for 70 mph!! We were quite pleased with these. Tony is right though, at those speeds you needed a LOT of road to stop!!

Other attempts met with a diffent fate though - particularly the 45mph Mk 1 Militant - too many times it wound up with the leading wheels in the rear pair catching fire when cornering a bit too rapidly (assuming you could get the steering wheel around fast enough), More than a bit dicsoncerting when the back is laden with jerry cans of petrol....

Hi all.

I drove the Green Goddess back from Falmouth and was quite relieved with the progress of the thing. I wasn't surprised as my RL used to pull 60mph but the owner said 45mph was its max, so with a heavy heart we set off.

Actually Phil was surprised as I continually caught up with him - except for any hills but no surprise there. If you manage a run up it's not actually too bad. Obviously I only kept my foot on the floor on the motorway where I could be sure there wouldn't be any nasty surprises but 60mph was the normal and 50-55 mph was a pleasant ride quality.

I must say I think Phil has a real bargain for the pitiful amount of money spent. The thing is completely kitted out and the maintenance of the vehicle and equipment has been first class.

Markheliops

So your'e going to tell me that you really have no intrests in blasting the down the road with lights and Music, or lets be posh 'Using Auxillary Equipment To Make Progress' and it is just a small boring part of a very nessacary job! :-D

To be honest, as we are "blasting down the road" as you put it - I have far more important things to be thinking about. As an officer I no longer drive but still hold the qualification. After a few shouts the novelty soon wears off.

Believe me Tony, driving to a shout on bells and lights is sometimes far more hazardous than dealing with the incident itself.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Be carefull of the steering,i found they pull violently to the left,especially in the vacinity of a petrol station:-D

Well, well we made it home today, collected the lady from Wayne's about midday, after a very bloody exspensive breakfast - £26.00 for 3 :argh:

Seemed like a short trip home, 130 miles or there abouts, it rained most of the way, but she's home. Still got a quarter of a tank left, so from Falmouth to Maidstone £190.00 & still some left.

Many thanks to Mark again & I look forward to the next adventure :-D