Hi There

Richard Hughes

Hi All I have recently joined the forum as several members recommended it was worth a look and they weren't wrong.

I have a general interest in WW2 history and am afflicted with the Military vehicle illness(its definitely an illness). I am currently restoring a K2 ambulance but also own several other WW2 vehicles. I addition to the K2 I have an Austin K5 GS and a K6 gantry also a Scammell Pionneer recovery (which is my long term project).

Richard Hughes

To Answer Tony B's query yes I do know some of the K6's history . I understand it was found in a hedge in Wales approx 25-30 years ago (how you lose a Vehicle as tall as the k6 in a hedge I don't know). It was restored to a sand colour and eventually sold to a collector local to me and it was rallied for a number of years . I purchased it about 4 years ago painted it green and have been doing work on it as required eg when I bought it , it had a cracked cylinder head that is now repaired.

I do have some photos of when it was found but they are so faided they won't come out if I posted them.

Richard

Tony fraid not It does have a rebuild plate on it which mentions Germany but other than that I don't have much history . The vehicle itself is March/April 1945 so any history is going to be post war To the best of my knowledge none made it out to the far east in time. I don't think any of them saw much usage before 1945 anyway .

Richard