Little Maud is nearly done!!

ArtistsRifles

Went down to RR today to pay what, hopefully, is the final instalment for the work and to have a look. Good news is that one more week should see her finished. Right now she is sitting in the workshop with the green paint on and waiting for the black disruptive pattern to be applied. Other than that some odd bits need to be done; seals need to be fitted, roof hatch handles/locks are being refitted, mirrors are being refitted and fire extinguishers. She looks good folks and sounds great!!! Took the camera with me and took advantage of the fact the wifee explorer shed an engine idler puller just before we got there (see blog) to take some pic's:

N/S Cab view

BB_2208_1435.jpg

Inside cab - looking at I/P

BB_2208_1439.jpg

O/S cab view

BB_2208_1438.jpg

Rear view

BB_2208_1432.jpg

The rest can be seen at http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/ArtistsRifles/Stollies/RR%20Services%20Repair%20Works/

Whilst the original damage can be seen at http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/ArtistsRifles/Aftermath/Maudaftercrash_3.jpg

Edited by ArtistsRifles

Is it me or is she looking better now than before the accident?

Is the insurance not covering the full cost? or you having extra work done whilst it's in there?

Must be one of the best looking stolly's I've seen.

Most seem a bit untidy now. Mind you I've probably been looking at the rougher and cheaper ones for sale.

Is it me or is she looking better now than before the accident?

Is the insurance not covering the full cost? or you having extra work done whilst it's in there?

Must be one of the best looking stolly's I've seen.

Most seem a bit untidy now. Mind you I've probably been looking at the rougher and cheaper ones for sale.

No - the agreed value was the purchase price of £6,000 - I got just over £5,000 as I bought the salvage rights (they wrote her off). A little bit of tisying has been done - replacing a coulpe of missing bits but thats all - if you look at the limk to the image immediately after the incident you can see how much work has been done!! :)

When I get her back the insured value will be going UP!! :)

She looked good before the incident though - we picked up the runner up prize in the Amphibian class at W&P last year (2007) - not bad when there were three very nice DUKW's there.....

A little bit of tidying has been done - replacing a coulpe of missing bits but thats all - if you look at the link to the image immediately after the incident you can see how much work has been done!! :)

She looked good before the incident though -

A transformation from how it was......you would not think it was the same vehicle :thumbsup:

Lee - it was referred to in explanation - no details other than the bare fact she was damaged in an accident. Also why the "before" photo was NOT included, just linked for those interested. Bit hard to comprehend spending £10K otherwise, no???

I thought she looked good before so after all those hard earned pennies have been spent she must look as good as they get Neil ! Whens the first show do you think ?

Apart from any open days at Coalhouse Fort after she gets back there I guess the first show will be the start of next season Andy.

Just gone through my photo collection.

And here it was in happier times...................

Wow - thats an early photo mate. - must have been FirePower in early 2007.

We repainted her after that in green and black in a 1980's level scheme (low viz markings etc.) - this was just after the repaint enroute to the Household Cavalry Pageant....

HHC_Pageant_017.jpg

Neil,

Great to see those pics, she looks outstanding! Hoping that if I do go down to RR Services for some of the spares I can have a look, it'll give me a benchmark for what to aim for on my mk1 :cool2:

I bet you can't wait to get her out and about again!

Good work and money well spent I'd say...

All the best

Just gone through my photo collection.

And here it was in happier times...................

100_9526.jpg

Hello Neil.That photo was indeed taken at Firepower 07.Who,s was this one parked next to our Ferret at this years show??.

100_0074.jpg

Another vehicle that i would have loved to have owned.But put off by the wheel station,and bevel box issues.John Dews has one in at the moment for complete restoration.Its going to be in the region of £20 grand.It will end up being a swimmer,as all the dowty jets are there and most of the swim equipment.

That's Lin and Dave Knapman's mate - a very nice Mk1 that belongs to two very, very nice people!!!! :):)

Wheel station & bevel box issues are blown out of all proportion - if you really like one then go for it!! It just needs a degree of common sense when driving to take account of the fact they really don't like long straight roads at full power. Better taking "A" roads rather than motor ways and using kerbs, grass verges and going around round-abouts to get rid of as much wind up as possible,

Or even better - do what the guy from Ireland who was at Beltring with the Sand coloured one did - fit air lockers to the front and rear drive shafts. Then on the road it's centre wheel drive only, off-road you engage the front and rears. Probably, had Alvis been allowed to go for a Mk 3 version, these would have been designed in and fitted then together with an appropriate diesel lump. And the option of retro-fitting to the earlier Mk's..

Next job I have to do is fit the radio kit to Maud - need to source a 353 set, vibration mounts, cables and anything else the EMER for "B" vehicle radio fitment says!! :):):)

Edited by ArtistsRifles