Landrover 101.

Poptopshed

My new toy. Brought it home last night in a down pour which was fun. :-D Good job i fitted new wiper blades before i set out.

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

Does any one have any info of 101's in use by the REME? I have pictures of the crane one in the Museum and one with an under lift fitted. I have read about Raiper repair units in this months Windscreen (well timed!) any one got pictures on these or ones in other uses by the Reme?

It needs a new hood see the wanted bit if you know of any and does any one have any pdf copies of the manuals that were on line? The site still exists but none of the links work. :???

Cheers

Jon.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It needs a new hood see the wanted bit if you know of any and does any one have any pdf copies of the manuals that were on line? The site still exists but none of the links work.

Jon.

Jon

The site is now here with the 101 owners club - http://www.101club.org/resources/

you don't have to be a club member to use the forum but you do if you want parts.

http://www.101club.org/forums/

The club has discounts with the 2 hood suppliers can't remember their hands right now (senior moment!)

It needs a new hood see the wanted bit if you know of any and does any one have any pdf copies of the manuals that were on line? The site still exists but none of the links work. :???

Cheers

Jon.

Looks good. Makes me wish mine was back together.

I've got copies of parts and repair operations pdf's. PM me your address and I can post you a copy on CD.

Here is a hint on our Rapier 101s FFR the radio fitted above the battery box I drilled out the rivets on the side battery bays and fitted two hinges and a wing nut lock or hasp to makes the battery more accessable so if anyone has a LHD one with this mod its ex 12 reg12 Bty and also glued a skin of rubber matting on the sides as I tended to arc my spanner trying to take it out. The REME Tech wagons had stores bins fitted inside but didnt look different from our FUT (fire unit tractors) but their MST (MIssile supply trailers) had a plastic canopy fitted as these were also full of stores/black boxes

Can recommend fitting a battery isolation (key type) and putting hinges on the battery box lid, along with a padlock. My old one got nicked and used in a ram raid! Got it back though. Electronic ignition is a good thing too. Never failed to start, even after 6 months idle. Just tipped in some petrol and off it went.

The Bins fitted in the Reme tech wagons, were they the standard Thompson Chests? Like these All%20You%20see%201.jpg

We have a bunch of these out of our Brockhouse stores trailer.

I need to sort the security as its got no external locks. I will probably change the drivers door lock to a later antiburst type. I will have a look at the frost terminal as i dont want to start drilling holes all over and should be a hidden security option.

Al. It came through work and it teased me for about 20 mins before i dared make an offer!

Good idea to start a photo gallery on any military vehicle so here are some early photos to help this one on its way

1. 2 shots from the body builders Marshalls of cambridge

2. i believe this ambulance was designed for the luxumburg army

3. prototype trials vehicle at the 1970 Aldershot militar show

4. trials vehicle with trailer missile resupply

hmvf1.jpg

hmvf2.jpg

hmvf3.jpg

hmvf4.jpg

hmvf5.jpg

101s Designed by the blind, Driven by the Deaf,they should of bought the volvo,ask Nick he conducted the trials at FVRDE:-D

Deisgned by the blind:- Can't beat a few good straight lines. Like all the best Military Vehicles. Ovlov is basically the same shape anyway.

Driven by the deaf:- Don't you mean deformed! to fit behind the wheel and pedals and still manage to change gear. What a way to go deaf though the roar of that V8. Don't get that in the Volvo.

The military should have stuck with buying British and supporting the ailing British motor industry. Much good that it did.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

The llama was the one that had potential,all it needed was a decent diesel engine,why did they knock that on the head i wonder.