The remarkable carlos codina

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too read most if not all posts here on HMVF and , for various reasons do not always make comment upon the subjects under discussion . I have the greatest respect and admiration for modellers and the copious amounts of patience they posess and have spent many happy hours at various shows appreciating the hard work those dedicated folk have put into what , in many if not most cases , are works of art . These days , life having caught up with me , I too have several unmade or unfinished projects - my speciality was white metal tractors - along with a couple of Land Rovers . I have always tended to search for models of vehicles I own or have owned and since I also have a tendency to fall in love with particularly obscure or rare trucks , cars and tractors , invariably the search for the miniature version is protracted ! Thank you for posting your photographs and long may you all continue in your creative efforts .

Hah Bws Scammell Explorer RAF tractor, its the recovery version i have just completed have to admit its not the most straight forward of metal kits to complete

Aggree, not a lot of locating lugs (or whatever they're called) so it all slipped about a bit until set! :confused: I soon found I had bigger and easier things to fettle.

I would be interested to see your more accomplished results.

These are superb models and I see no problem with model making being an aspect of the forum whatsoever here in the other chatter area and welcome more examples and lots of information...I have a large collection of die cast models and have a small number of military models...but it is a very casual interest these days. I do, however, hope to find some Authenticast solid models of armour and MVs made in the USA in the forties and fifties (though they also made aeroplanes and ships).....so if you chaps see any, let me know. I'll try to post some snaps of the three I have...the molds were sold on and there are variations. I don't care. They just look good.

MB

heres a photo of a Ford F22 gun tractor i built for a chap in North Kent a long time ago, he had the real thing and at the time was selling it on and wanted a keepsake his name was Brian (forgotton his second name)

Richard, remember this Thornycroft you built it from scratch

Les,

That would have been Brian Nunn, I think........not seen him for years now.

That photo of my model Thornycroft Big Ben is uncanny, I tried to get a shot of it with my digital last night, but failed. Thanks :tup::

These photos are not my models but were built by a fellow modeller Barry Sharman from Southampton and i include them to show you what can be achieved in 1/76 scale. Barry achieved what i have always wanted to, build a LST only his layout includes a setting for the Nomandy landing with other landing craft and the piers and spuds etc plus loads of vehicles i got as far as a working drawing and the damn thing was 3ft long my intention was to have it water line like Barrys but show a side cut away with all the decks loaded, this is modelling at its very best i have some more shots i took at the time and will try to locate them

hmvf1.jpg

hmvf2.jpg

hmvf3.jpg

Finally before i turn in a couple more of my models a CMP Ford 6x4 gantry recovery and a Matador in one of the more unusual roles in the desert, note i have replaced the airfix kit wheels and added a lot of detail to the kit, it is still a good base model to start with but requires a lot of extra work to make a good model

hmvf4.jpg

hmvf5.jpg

These are superb models and I see no problem with model making being an aspect of the forum whatsoever here in the other chatter area

MB

Hi Mark,it didnt occur to me that it would be a problem,thats why i started the thread,or am i being over sensative .again.pleased with the responce chaps,it does help when your beavering away trying to find things of interest.cheers CW.

Hi Mark,it didnt occur to me that it would be a problem,thats why i started the thread,or am i being over sensative .again.pleased with the responce chaps,it does help when your beavering away trying to find things of interest.cheers CW.

Good Evening CW,

I also find most posts on this forum complete drivel and pointless:box:, however there are some real gems of interest and even the drivel is entertaining, after all no one is forcing me or anyone else to read it.

Good Evening CW,

I also find most posts on this forum complete drivel and pointless:box:, however there are some real gems of interest and even the drivel is entertaining, after all no one is forcing me or anyone else to read it.

Hi,:confused:

Hi,:confused:

Hi Catweazle, sorry didn’t mean to confuse or offend you.

My comment was supposed to be encouraging, as with others on the forum I do not feel that I have anything to add by posting a reply to many of the threads, this does not mean that I am not interested or didn’t enjoy reading the post, just that I have nothing constructive to contribute.

You should not take lack of reply as a negative, and along with others should continue to post anything MV related that you find interesting, I know I will, hopefully some other forum members will find some entertainment in most threads if not in every post.

Edited by ratty

Hi Catweazle, sorry didn’t mean to confuse or offend you.

My comment was supposed to be encouraging, as with others on the forum I do not feel that I have anything to add by posting a reply to many of the threads, this does not mean that I am not interested or didn’t enjoy reading the post, just that I have nothing constructive to contribute.

You should not take lack of reply as a negative, and along with others should continue to post anything MV related that you find interesting, I know I will, hopefully some other forum members will find some entertainment in most threads if not in every post.

Hi Nigel,wasnt offended mate just didnt understand what you were trying to say,cheers cw.