Photos of past events

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tenterden days,got any pics cant find mine.:cool2:

You asked :)......here is one from 1985

The two chaps on the right, one to left is Mark Farmer and the other was I think, called Roy and he owned the Ford. Think I know the identity of the tow on the left, but let someone else guess.

Tent1.jpg

Hi richard,is that a Sugga if it is ,it must be one of the early ones brought in by Beddall and Foley.i was up at Foleys when the first ones came in.crikey didnt realise it was that long ago.

Hi richard,is that a Sugga if it is ,it must be one of the early ones brought in by Beddall and Foley.i was up at Foleys when the first ones came in.crikey didnt realise it was that long ago.

CW,

I have a suspicion it just might have been owned by Dale Johnson, would have to dig around for the event programme if it is still here.

Richard if you have a lot of these pics why not start a seperate thread,show the younguns what fun we had,hope you dont mind i am saving them.

You asked :)......here is one from 1985

The two chaps on the right, one to left is Mark Farmer and the other was I think, called Roy and he owned the Ford. Think I know the identity of the tow on the left, but let someone else guess.

What ever happened to Mark Farmer??.Another one who was prolific on the scene,but then just seems to have dissappeared??.It seems as though there is an X-Files situation for the distant members of the MV world.

I have some of the Watercress line.VETERAN SHOWS good idea.allthough the NAVAL SECTION mvs only,has nicked the last spot.

CW,

I have a suspicion it just might have been owned by Dale Johnson, would have to dig around for the event programme if it is still here.

Would make sense he was on the imps board at that time,i must get the DUKW video to him,he will be shocked i allmost didnt rcognise him in it.

Some of us like to go all nostalgic and remember the early shows, how it was all different then, more fun, more parts, fuel was cheaper, etc...........

Hopefully this thread will start to roll when CW gets up in the loft to sort out his old snaps, come on lets roll :-D

This one is from the IMPS Tenterden show in 1985, it is Bill Armitage's ex-French Army Ferret, one of the first privately owned ones in the country.

Tent3.jpg

watercressline0001.jpg

Watercress line 1990.

cant rember the names as good as Richard but i do remember Taffy the Battersea local Bobby,now retired to Wales,but still rides the bike i am told.

Watercress line 1990.

cant rember the names as good as Richard but i do remember Taffy the Battersea local Bobby,now retired to Wales,but still rides the bike i am told.

CW,

I might well remember him as around that time I was regularly rallying my M20. The chap on the left of the photo looking on, looks like Tom Gates and that may well be his K2 ambulance.

Crikey what a memory,spot on ,Just know him as Tommy,still about allthough the ambulance has gone,got bikes ,and goes to the odd event in a classic camper.last saw him at fishbourne a couple of years ago.bought an f8 from him .sold him a Harley.

watercressline0002.jpg

Roger Colvin,prob his best mate,Roger owns most of the bikes they rode i think its 4 m20s last count.Had DUKWs with simon mcallum etc,has jeep he has been restoring for the last 30 yrs to my knowledge.

CW,

I first went to the Southsea D-Day show in 1984 and would have first met Tom then, he is from the Portsmouth area. We were then invited to the MVT Solent area event at Southsea Castle in August and also done that event for many years. At that time I used to ride a BSA M20 all over the place and I know Tom had quite a few bikes.

Will dig out a few more pics tomorrow, can't find the ones I am looking for.