Photos of past events

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many on here used to go the Rushmoor steam and vintage shows?

This outfit used to be rallied by Jeff Theobald. Especially picked this photo, taken in 1986, for Graham with the K6 Gantry, because he asked recently for a photo of the 7.5 ton recovery trailer.

Hi Richard,met jeff recently at rally with his steam car,have made arrangements to meet up and relieve him of as many copys of photos as i can also video of Pounds when it was full of Bren carriers.:cool2:As you know he was very much in to it in the early days.

As you know he was very much in to it in the early days.

CW,

I once came across a display of WW2 military vehicles in the grounds of Powerham Castle in Devon, guess it would have been in mid 70's. Found out later it was Jeff's collection, I am sure there was a Humber Hexonaut there. Later I think he had some vehicles in Warnham museum.

Thats right,the Hexonaut is in France,a lot of his kit was in Warnham.he had a terrible fall out with Charlie Mann.

How many on here used to go the Rushmoor steam and vintage shows?

This outfit used to be rallied by Jeff Theobald. Especially picked this photo, taken in 1986, for Graham with the K6 Gantry, because he asked recently for a photo of the 7.5 ton recovery trailer.

richard, thank you for pic of trailer, is the bogie on front just for towing behind pioneer ? to tow that behind a k6 would be i think very slow :sweat:

and painful up any hills

please keep photos coming :yay:

thanks graham

richard, thank you for pic of trailer, is the bogie on front just for towing behind pioneer ? to tow that behind a k6 would be i think very slow :sweat:

and painful up any hills

Hi Graham,

That is the complete trailer, 6 wheels, remember in those days, the speed limit would have been about 20 mph for that weight. Not really possible now, but would look good. The vacuum brake connection on the K6 is for this trailer.

Hi Graham,

That is the complete trailer, 6 wheels, remember in those days, the speed limit would have been about 20 mph for that weight. Not really possible now, but would look good. The vacuum brake connection on the K6 is for this trailer.

ha ha speed limit 20mph i would have thought 5mph towing that with a k6

regards graham

I attended my first MV event in October 1976 .. click on this link for piccies

http://www.oldcmp.net/vmvc_portarlington.html

You will notice RHD Jeeps and Dodge weapons carrier . LHD vehicles were banned here ( state of Victoria ) in 1948, this resulted in many RHD conversions, many of which were backyard botch jobs . The chap riding the Harley is a WW2 vet , Keith Gardiner . I was in my Jeep . We visited Fort Queenscliff , which was manned and active during WW2 . A few guys from then are still active in the scene .

Mike in Australia .

I attended my first MV event in October 1976 .. click on this link for piccies

http://www.oldcmp.net/vmvc_portarlington.html

You will notice RHD Jeeps and Dodge weapons carrier . LHD vehicles were banned here ( state of Victoria ) in 1948, this resulted in many RHD conversions, many of which were backyard botch jobs . The chap riding the Harley is a WW2 vet , Keith Gardiner . I was in my Jeep . We visited Fort Queenscliff , which was manned and active during WW2 . A few guys from then are still active in the scene .

Mike in Australia .

Interesting stuff mate cheers for joining in.:-D

Hi Richard.

i think the flea and harley were tommys.

cant remember who owned the Dingo,i think the QL was Richard Beddells (previous picture)

watercressline0003.jpg

It was war on the line so heres a few engines,any train people tell us what they are.GRASSHOPPER?

watercressline0004.jpg

The top pic doesnt look english,was it american,came over to help out something in my memory about that.Dunno.

It was war on the line so heres a few engines,any train people tell us what they are.GRASSHOPPER?

CW,

The top pic doesnt look english,was it american,came over to help out something in my memory about that.Dunno.

Top one is from the Longmoor Military Railway, could be a US engine, not sure. The one at bottom left is Southern Railway, West Country class "Bodmin" and on right another Southern engine, S15 class

Not a rail anorak, my old Dad spent his war service in Southern Railway workshops and had a great interest in steam.

Hi Richard.

i think the flea and harley were tommys.

cant remember who owned the Dingo,i think the QL was Richard Beddells (previous picture)

CW,

Previous picture of QL? Not seen one, Richard had a whole fleet of them at one time. Don't recognise the Dingo, no serial numbers to go by. Reckon the bikes are Tom's. Your pal the PC from Battersea........I reckon I have met him in the days when I used to show my M20.

Nowt wrong with rail anorak,as a kid used to get the train from kings cross to hitchen(on a platform ticket of course)to wait for the Deltic to come thro at 100mph.:cool2::cool2::cool2::shake:

CW,

Previous picture of QL? Not seen one, Richard had a whole fleet of them at one time. Don't recognise the Dingo, no serial numbers to go by. Reckon the bikes are Tom's. Your pal the PC from Battersea........I reckon I have met him in the days when I used to show my M20.

Page one Richard ,