Stripping paint and engine rebuild costs for a jeep

JonP

Hello,

Can anyone give me an indication of the costs involved in either sand-blasting or dipping a jeep body (and chassis and other bits) to strip the old paint off? Also are there any particular places people would recommend to get this work done? For instance, is this the sort of work that can be undertaken by a standard car place?

Likewise can anyone give me an indication on the costs involved in having an engine rebuilt by a third party. Again, are there any particular places people would recommend?

Oh yes, sorry I'm based in the UK so its UK prices and locations I'm interested in.

Thanks

Jon

Jon,

Where in the UK? You won't be able to take it to a standard car place as they probably don't do blasting, and if they do it is unlikely they'll be able to do something that big. If you hunt around your local area there will be people doing blasting, we use a local farmer who has setup a blasting company in one of his sheds.

Chris

Hi Jon.

At War and Peace this year I and TTM assisted a lady called Jackie whose 42 Ford Jeep engine went bang. Looked around the stalls for an engine and spoke to Jeep UK - prices for a Jeep engine were about £2500. I kid you not.

Anyway, went round the stalls and got talking to Nick from Jeffrey Engineering-

http://www.jeffreyeng.com/

To rebuild the engine with new pistons. bearings, valves, gaskets, etc and then paint the thing all nice and detailed - £1200 + VAT.

Very good price I thought and they are well respected for their work I have been informed.

Then for another £200 they will fit it back into the Jeep, road test and make sure everything is okay.

Can't go wrong with that - and Nick's a nice chap to deal with.

Markheliops

Edited by Markheliops

Hello,

Can anyone give me an indication of the costs involved in either sand-blasting or dipping a jeep body (and chassis and other bits) to strip the old paint off? Also are there any particular places people would recommend to get this work done? For instance, is this the sort of work that can be undertaken by a standard car place?

Likewise can anyone give me an indication on the costs involved in having an engine rebuilt by a third party. Again, are there any particular places people would recommend?

Oh yes, sorry I'm based in the UK so its UK prices and locations I'm interested in.

Thanks

Jon

Hi Jon

one of your previous respondents said a local farmer I don't know if this is the same guy but near me in Wiltshire is a chap could Lloyd Knap he is probably your best bet he's got all the blasting kit and can do anything to do with jeeps he's an engineer and one of the best welders I've ever seen he tig welded and mig welded a body for me so I didn't have to use filler. Also if you ever go to his place the kit he's got hanging around that is amazing.

Hi Jon

one of your previous respondents said a local farmer I don't know if this is the same guy but near me in Wiltshire is a chap could Lloyd Knap he is probably your best bet he's got all the blasting kit and can do anything to do with jeeps he's an engineer and one of the best welders I've ever seen he tig welded and mig welded a body for me so I didn't have to use filler. Also if you ever go to his place the kit he's got hanging around that is amazing.

Where in wiltshire is he would be very handy to know someone like that.