C47 flight over Normandy June 24th...

Ok - following on from the heads up by Lee about the last C-47 flights...my plans have moved about 1 million steps foward!

On the 24th June - Jess and I will be leaving Coventry airport in a C-47 flying down to Normandy, along the beaches, Point Du Hoc, over Pegusus, Caen and other towns and then may be back over the white cliffs of Dover! :shocked::shocked:

This trip has been organise by Allied Forces and in particular Pete Eakers and they have chartered the whole flipping plane so this is going to be a special day with like minded people. It is Jesse's birthday on July 4th and though that he may like it - I am too good to that boy!! :cool2::cool2:

I believe Jim and Martin have been taking jump training - not to sure why :whistle:

How much and what is the phone number of the organiser?

Hi Rob,

Think all the seats have gone but we will meet up at Weymouth over the weekend :cool2: and Jim will be there too.

Best wishes.

Jack.

Ok - following on from the heads up by Lee about the last C-47 flights...my plans have moved about 1 million steps foward!

On the 24th June - Jess and I will be leaving Coventry airport in a C-47 flying down to Normandy, along the beaches, Point Du Hoc, over Pegusus, Caen and other towns and then may be back over the white cliffs of Dover! :shocked::shocked:

This trip has been organise by Allied Forces and in particular Pete Eakers and they have chartered the whole flipping plane so this is going to be a special day with like minded people. It is Jesse's birthday on July 4th and though that he may like it - I am too good to that boy!! :cool2::cool2:

I believe Jim and Martin have been taking jump training - not to sure why :whistle:

you git!!!!!

Hope you and Jess have a fabflippingreat time mate, take some photos (if you are not too busy going YAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOO look at me!!!!!:))

Well - if Allied Forces can organise it ...

How about Jack organizing a HMVF trip - and I'll put my name on the list of those who would want to go!!! Sounds like Degsy, Rosie and WOA2 would interested too....

Come on Jack - how about it?????

:clap::clap::clap::yay::yay::yay: OMG how much would I like to go on that trip. Yeah so c'mon Jack get it sorted!!!!!!:)

i want to go too , jack gets all the luck and fun around here ,,,,,,,,,:cry:......................:coffee:

Just for the record - no 'favours' were given by me at all - even though the AFUK Team (Allied Forces UK) were winking at me at the weekend and saying 'ooo hello ducky' :shocked::shocked:

Well at last I'll get chance to meet the Great Jack Beckett

Look forward to meeting you in the morning Steve - and with regards to your PM...no sorry I don't have any signed photographs and no I don't open church fetes :argh:

I've just got home from what I can only say was a fantastic days flying. The weather was superb and flying low ment some great photo's were taken. Glad to finally have met Jack and his son, it's nice to put a face to a name at last.

The flight had an extra addition of a landing at biggen Hill to refuel and a really low flight over the London Eye and up the Thames, I don't know what altitude we were at maybe 1500 ft but I could see people waving in the pods on the London eye.

I'll post some photo's once I've uploaded them.

regards

Steve