Hello from West London

Hi people my name is michael known by most people as mike. ive been looking round the forum for a few weeks now and have decided to join because this is a very friendly and helpful forum. We(family) got into military vehicles through my dad and he bought a stalwart for his first military vehicle. Sadly he died in early 2004 which was a tragic shock for all the family and friends of ours. the vehicles he left us when he died were Alvis stalwart mk2 with crane, Alvis saracen, a ruined Alvis salamander, a Land Rover 101 and an old civilian land rover.In between then and now we managed to restore the 101 back to road condition with the help of some friends and we dedicated it to him on its first run to london to brighton land rover run.The family are members of the twickenham of roaders and the bvt trust which is the military bit. we always go to beltring. i have a lot of funny storys concerning miltary vehicles. last thing is if anyone on here knew or met my dad. his name was Phil Chambers. sorry this as been quite a long post but i had a lot to tell. M.chambers p.s my mum drives the 101.

Welcome and not to worry about length as its helpful to get across what needs to be said . Glad you have joined us and hope you will be posting a few photo's in the future as WE are always looking at all sorts of HMV's.

Edited by abn deuce

Welcome to the nut-house Mike!! If you try hard enough you might just get the dancing girls back from the Dutch contingent. :)

That is (was ?) an interesting collection your Dad left you. Do you still have the Salamander?? As, of the Alvis 6x6 family, thats probably the rarest of them!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. my mum said the 101 is 1973.The Salamander is still ours. i think its in an scrap yard nr ashington in west sussex. my mum might also come on aswell and we think this forum is ace.M.Chambers

Oh Yes!! A Salamander still salvageable!! When do you think you might have her back on the roads - would be lovely to have all the members of the Alvis 6x6 family together for a show sometime!!! :):):)

Neil,

Did you see the Salamander at Beltring a couple of years ago? It had just been restored for the Manston Fire Museum.

lol whatever you say dude.There's been a london to brighton LR run for years now but dunno if it's on this year. The one we did we had to borrow a friends 101's wheels and tyres.It's quite handy having another 101 on the same estate. Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

We dont attend but know most of the people who go to it. dont know if you know mole or alex but we know roger jerram. We went in covoy with west london group to dunsfold wings n wheels 07. oh and im slightly tempted to make an ali g joke but im not.