Sad news....

RSSRobot

OK folks - it's bad news time. The OT will not be able to take part in the Plains weekend. Officials up there want to look at it before registering and cannot make it till next week. So the OT will be shipped out tomorrow and I'll take all the paperwork down to Sidcup during next week. Hopefully it will be done in time for the Bunker Bash!!!

Now - where the OT will be shipped to is open to question - I fully expect to cop the whole bill for the weekends transport because at this late stage it will be impossible for the haulage contractor to locate alternative loads. So - I can either have it shipped direct to Great Yeldham or, if I have to stand the whole cost the wife has sugested just leaving it at the Bustard Inn (if the innkeeper is agreeable) - that way people can have a look over it if nothing else.

To say I'm p**ed off after all the work, running around and phone calls that have gone into trying to get it there would be a massive understatement! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

RedtapeShyte.:argh::argh:

Neil I know I should have mentioned this before but up here people take vehicles to the local DVLA on a trailer and get it all done at once. Would it be worth ringing DVLA offices near your route see if one of them has somebody available to check the OT over and issue necessary. I know it's clutching at straws and timing would be fairly crucial also cooperation of the haulier but desperate situations need desperate measures.

RedtapeShyte.:argh::argh:

Neil I know I should have mentioned this before but up here people take vehicles to the local DVLA on a trailer and get it all done at once. Would it be worth ringing DVLA offices near your route see if one of them has somebody available to check the OT over and issue necessary. I know it's clutching at straws and timing would be fairly crucial also cooperation of the haulier but desperate situations need desperate measures.

You got to be joking,if you think that DVLA Sidcup will come from there office on the second floor to do an inspection.They couldnt even do a simple plate transfer for me,without going back three times.

Well folks - looks like for once God has smiled on me (as opposed to doing something else)!! Rung the hauliers tonight to get the delivery shifted from the Plains to Gt Yeldham - and found that they'd had problems too with a blown turbo on the tractor. They could have done the pick-up for me but it would have meant burning the midnight oil getting the trailers available due to them having lost 3 or 4 days.

We've agreed to cancel the weekends run at no cost to me (BIG sigh of releif) and for me to ring back next week after Tuesday to arrange a new delivery slot either to Gt Yeldham or possibly to the Bunker.

Got to say this is a great load off my mind as I was expecting to have to pay the full whack whatever!!.