Shrewsbury Park Shooters Hill London SE18 28 June 2008

Dear Members,

Shrewsbury Park Shooters Hill, LONDON SE18 was the site of a Barrage Balloon belonging to E-Flight of 901 County of London BB Squadron from 1939 to 1944. It is also situated on Anti Invasion Stop Line Central.

As part of the Friends of Shrewsbury Park Open Day on 28 June 13.00-16.00, I am organising a small exhibition about the History of the Park, including the Military and Wartime History and it would be fantastic if we could attract some period vehicles and reenactor/living history impressions as part of the event.

Obviously there is an RAF connection with 901 Sqd, but the Park was also used by the Home Guard and Regulars from Woolwich Garrison, there were extensive Dig For Victory Allotments and the ARP Service was strongly represented in the area. We also have the site of a bomb crater and records of aircraft parts being recovered from the park during the Battle of Britain.

Basically anything British military or civilian 1939-1944 goes. There is a Tarmaced area of car parking and also grassed areas where we can park wheeled vehicles.

This is a community event so I am afraid there is not much budget, but you would be assured of a very friendly welcome, tea and cake, an appreciative family audience and some of the finest views in London.

If you are interested in attending please PM me and I will let you know the full details.

Thanks

Andy Brockman