Oh did I mention??

paul connor

Well, to be honest it was easy.

Many thanks to Dave King for loan of Sandy the Fv432.

Hazard and theory (like i did with PCV do not apply)

Was the DSA coming to me, and in this case meeting me at site and testing me via a layby!

Ill explain!

Chose a near by layby then I had to approach each end etc and turn in and out of traffic. Reverse round a corner. Controlled stop. The test is 45 mins and each time I left the layby out of site I had to turn around! and lets just say I was in no hurry with the clock ticking! but did all to book!

2minors!

Indication! as the winkers broke on the day! "should hand signal longer " hmm yes, you tried doing that with tillers?

and Highway code! well to be honest I got that bit wrong! but 45 mins in a Fv432 and then being shown a flick book of things I know! I was a bit "wired", He knew I had a PCV and could see the wider picture!

One question I loved "what is the national speed limit on a dual carriage way?"

I reply "seeing I can only do 35mph with the wind behind me, is that relivent?"

Good day and now If I want can buy bigger toys :)

Congratulation Paul , well done . Good to have a little info on what to expect although I think it can be very variable depending on which exminer you get , how they're feeling on the day etc .

I remember a group of our local guys got together to do it and as there were several it went over two days . The guys who passed on day one said it was as you describe - provided they did what was required of them and notthing silly , but the guys who took it on day two said the tester was quite unpleasant , unhelpful and extremely strict - number who passed day one said they wouldn't have on day two .

Well done Paul, one up on me by doing it on the road. I did mine in a field. You do need the senior local examiner to agree to the test being conducted off road, but he was the one doing it....

Mark Heliops, if you are there and want to do yours, he is a contact of mine.

Dave