Scammell Explorer Gallery

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unusual choice of tyres on that one, still in service by the look of the number on the trailer (can't make it out though) anyone got a clue?

You blaming the slick tyres for that one then? You didn't have anything to do with it by any chance? :whistle:

Me in the war! Happy days on Salisbury Plain guarding lots of holes all night for the blue army and uprighting lots of trucks all day just so the enemy can tip them upside down for the next bunch of suckers!

"Days when men was men -- and women were bloody glad of it!"

me and scammell small.jpg

Found another amongst the pile that might interest someone!

92 BD 50 at the REME Fording Trials Branch at Instow, North Devon taken when I was on a waterproofing course there. Royal Marines took the establishment over a good few years ago. The BARV's gone, but I wonder if the DUKWs are still there!

scammell at instow.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Big Chris,

The first 2 pics you posted show an Explorer which has been mentioned before on the forum - I'm sure pics were posted but I cannot find them (we had a crash you know...). It sold at auction last year and was recently sold again to an enthusiast. It remains in Suffolk.

Any reason you didn't buy it? Seemed remarkably clean and tidy.

Tony

Hi Big Chris,

The first 2 pics you posted show an Explorer which has been mentioned before on the forum - I'm sure pics were posted but I cannot find them (we had a crash you know...). It sold at auction last year and was recently sold again to an enthusiast. It remains in Suffolk.

Any reason you didn't buy it? Seemed remarkably clean and tidy.

Tony

Well spotted Tony, that is my old one that I sold in 1988 having been given a strange black and tan paint job.

Mike

Gotta ask this question last week whilst sitting on the computer i heard a familier sound coming down the A259 looked out the window to see a Milly MK1 and Explorer heading towards Hythe then low and behold the same pair came back heading to the Romney Marsh on sunday evening (last night) any of you guys have any thing to do with it. The Milly had what looked like a standard 4 ton truck container in the back