Photo ids

Rick W

I'm thinking the top one has to be a stug of some sort. Wheels are the wrong size for anything other a PzKw-III or -IV. The -IV has, I think, 4 equally spaced return rollers whereas the -III has 3 rollers with a big gap between #1 and #2 Looking at the picture there is a big gap between rollers #1 and #2 hence my conclusion they are Stug-III's.

Bottom picture has the large, interleaved road wheels of the later PzKw's and a steep slope to the front glacis. Could be either a Panther or a King Tiger and going by the scale of the men standing on it it's too small for a King Tiger so I think a Panther.

I'd say Panther in pic 3.

Krupp L2H143 in pic 2.

Sturmgeschutz III assualt gun pic 1. (interesting to see they appear to have add on armour, along body sides. Normal pic's show armoured 'skirts' being worn, to protect track.

Couse, I might be wrong. :-)

Andy

I think Richard has hit the nail on the head, think there was a Norwegian one for sale on ebay a while ago.

The third I think is a King Tiger, correct me if Im wrong. Although the glacis plate does seem to have a shallower angle.

width=500 height=253http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/rik242_2006/P70.jpg[/img]

Look at the turret in pic #3 Rick and the men standing on the hull. The size of the turret looks too small for a King Tiger.

Possible - the rake of the glacis still says Panther to me - could be an early Ausf D model with the drivers vision block and no hull mounted MG....

AFAIK the King Tiger's front glacis was not as shallow as the Panthers and all variants of the King Tiger had the hull mounted MG....

I could be wrong though so if some one knows better......

I'm thinking the top one has to be a stug of some sort. Wheels are the wrong size for anything other a PzKw-III or -IV. The -IV has, I think, 4 equally spaced return rollers whereas the -III has 3 rollers with a big gap between #1 and #2 Looking at the picture there is a big gap between rollers #1 and #2 hence my conclusion they are Stug-III's.

Correct. I too went checking to see if any Stug 4's had crept in. They all have Saukopf (Boar's head) mantlets, but to be honest I have no idea what the presence or absence of Saukopf mantlets proves.

Bottom picture has the large, interleaved road wheels of the later PzKw's and a steep slope to the front glacis. Could be either a Panther or a King Tiger and going by the scale of the men standing on it it's too small for a King Tiger so I think a Panther.

It's a Panther. Pretty sure it's an A (second of three production versions, D, A and G: I have explained the sequence before now). It has a driver's vision slit (black shadow on the top right (as we look at it) of the glacis plate under the standing man's foot) so it cannot be a G, where the driver relied on a periscope to inprove the strength of the glacis plate.

I cannot see a shadow for a machine gun slit on the co-driver's side of the glacis plate, which would have marked it out as a D. I therefore assume the MG34 is mounted on a later ball mounting inside a bulge in the glacis plate.

By default I am therefore happy it is a Panther A.