Dodge WC 51 Vehicle Markings for 504th PIR 82nd Airborne

Joris

Hi MM

have you got the info you need? Passenger side bumper should start with

division (82AB) then regt (504),drivers side company followed by no

ie E-7. These markings are also shown on rear of vehicle. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Degsy

:)

Since we have a Dodge it kinda rules out any British divisions (although I thought about 43rd Wessex which "liberated" what was left of Arnhem in 1945)

Then there were the American divisions none of the regular infantry division fought in the vicinity of Arnhem so on to the Paratroopers.

Everybody knows the 101st Airborne especially 506sth PIR and a lot of vehicles are marked that way and I don't want to be like every other vehicle. That leaves the 82nd Airborne which landed at Nijmegen. The choice for 504 PIR was easy because they took the massive bridge at Grave and undertook the heroic river crossing across the Waal river, in broad daylight in full view of the Germans.

Nope I'm afraid not. Got to get our yearly checkup (expired yesterday) and I don't dare to drive it far without it.

Too bad I'm going to miss it :( Will you take pictures? I can host them, np got plenty of webspace.

I bought it like this.

My other truck, the GMC, is marked:

6th armored div 777th Anti Aircraft Artillery battalion SV 33

So I can either dress like a normal GI or as a paratrooper.

But as I have the paratrooper equipement with M42 jump suit, I will have to change for a PIR regiment instead of the glider regiment. These were issued equipement as standard infantry soldiers.