SAVE THE SCREAMING MEMIE!

bridie beckett

should jack sell the beloved screaming memie for a ward la France?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. should jack sell the beloved screaming memie for a ward la France?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sell the Jimmy & buy a PW MV
    • Keep the Jimmy and buy the Ward La France as well
    • ride the fastest milk cart in the West

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I think Jack.

Keep the Jimmy and buy the Ward La France as an ongoing project.

And for those "persons" who dirty the water buy declaring a WLF isn't as much fun to drive, I suggest the old adage -

Don't knock it until you've tried it - comes into play. :box:

The WLF Jack is considering is a very good deal and will give him a great project to get his teeth into.

He doesn't have to sell the Jimmy to obtain the WLF. If that were the case Jack, I would say don't purchase the WLF as a project vehicle if you have to sell the Jimmy to pay for it.

So I repeat - keep the Jimmy and purchase the WLF.

When the WLF is completed, then you can consider selling one of the vehicles if you wish.

And I bet I know which one would go then. ;-)

Markheliops

And for those "persons" who dirty the water buy declaring a WLF isn't as much fun to drive, I suggest the old adage -

Don't knock it until you've tried it - comes into play. :box:

Do you mean me? :-D :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

If you read my posting I think we are fighting on the same side here, and saying pretty much the same thing too :dunno:

But having spent a considerable amount of recreational driving time doing frustrated battle with your generic "idiot rural car driver" whilst taking a (admittedly slightly wider than a WLF) mv for a regular quick pootle down narrow country lanes, I felt it was important to remind the old feller what a surprisingly nimble creature the jimmy can be - try parking a WLF outside my local rural post office when doing the paper run or squeezing into a carpark space at the farmers market.

My main point is that, inevitably if you live off the beaten track, the larger the vehicle the less opportunity you have for finding an excuse to take it out for purely self-indulgent rides - that's why I keep my jimmy. The only thing that will make a WLF slightly less fun is other road users :angry:

But this point is probably lost on someone who does his weekly shopping in a 432 :whistle: :whistle:

Keep the Jimmy and save on a horse box, have the WLF as it is cheaper than breakdown insurance. If any problems point out the the Lippazzaner's were rescued from the Russian by Patton's troops and they used Jimmy's, 2nd Cavalry regt. so your doing a reenactment. See every one happy> :-D

Alois Podashsky's book My Dancing White Horses, and his other book My Horses, my friends have pictures of the horses and vehicles, also the book 'The Flight of the White horses' that was the basis of the Disney film of the same name.

Right first of all, my daughter has been sacked as my PA as this leak must of come from her office at the other end of HMVF Towers!

After falling in love with WLF's some years ago now (there is a story behind that that involves TooTallMike - he doesn't know that though) I have been looking at one for a while now and what started it all was the Ward on MilWeb that is in the Dutch yard and is pictured in this thread somewhere.

One thing lead to another when the 'Rugged Boys' starting giving me the heads up on Wards that there know for sale and being completely ill disciplined I made the fatal mistake of picking the phone and making a few calls - you know, just out of interest, just to see what the price is, you know, to find out where about's in the country they are and how much it would cost to get it to Dorset - just making a normal enquiry :whistle:

Got a call from one of the Rugged Boys - Mark. And was open and honest on the pros and cons of ownership....made matters worse really as I was even more tempted :computerterror2:

Anyway, over dinner table in Beckett Towers I mention my thoughts.....wrong move. All hell broke loose. I didn't know what hit me, I was sworn at, had food thrown at me, called names and generally bullied - and that was just the wife!!

The kiddies were even worse, they ripped up my comics, told me that I couldn't go on the computer for 10 minutes, said that I was a turn coat with cries of 'how can you do that to the Jimmy' & 'you love that truck, how can you even think about it' and with that they made me do the washing up and then sent me to my room! I finally broke when they threatened to make me sit through I Am A Celebrity, Get me Out Of here' - come, how much can a man take!

So bottom line - through continued threats and harassment the Jimmy is staying and a Ward ownership is out of the window.

So bottom line - through continued threats and harassment the Jimmy is staying and a Ward ownership is out of the window.

Now I am trying to whip up some sympathy here from my fellow members as things just don't add up.

I have one military vehicle but my good lady has two horses...in fact she has three as she hasn't long bought a Shire foal which cost more than my GMC!

Surely, it is only fair that I should buy the Ward - isn't it :naughty: :naughty: :flower:

I can remember us all in the back of the GMC getting stuck on that road through a common with loads of horses on it. Your lot were dobbin mad it was like an episode of The White Horses. Buy the Ward if you must - but think hard and put your money in PW. Discover a whole new era...you know it makes sense. Giddy up.

After welding up your scuttle, rebuilding the Jimmy's head , I should have had a go at yours at the same time :evil: :evil: :schocked:

The Dorset Militia Morris team will be over to administer a good Kicking, after the 10 mile bimble with your spheres wrapped in barbed wire, and not Mrs HF's softie stuff :-D

Sell the Jimmy, what a tart :nut::evil:

Now if you were going to get a Stolly or even a Pig you might get a reprieve....

And just when the cushion was thinking it was safe to make an appearance :wave:

:angry: HF :evil:

Now I am trying to whip up some sympathy here from my fellow members as things just don't add up.

I have one military vehicle but my good lady has two horses...in fact she has three as she hasn't long bought a Shire foal which cost more than my GMC!

Surely, it is only fair that I should buy the Ward - isn't it :naughty: :naughty: :flower:

Come on Jack,

speak to the real boss of the house and put her straight :angry: :angry:........ if one of the horses gets bogged down (has been a tad wet lately) you will need a WLF to lift it out of the mire.

It could potentially save a gee gee `s life so`s to speak :roll: :roll: If not go for the no seven set and buy yourself a m/cycle to show her who`s boss.

(BUT DON`T TELL HER IT WAS MY IDEA)

Ashley

I saw a bloke hit a horse once. It was at Highbury in 1976. Arsenal had just drawn 3-3 at home to West Ham and there had been a lot of fighting in the crowd, which I will best describe as scary. The boys from the Chicken Run were like Orcs. Not good. We innocent mugs there to watch the game were all heading home when the police formed a line of horsemen across Avenall Rd. At this point a huge black bloke stepped forward and shouted some orders, which baffled the innocent. He then punched a police horse on the nose and down it went. There followed a kind of Rorkes Drift in London N5. The next time I was that scared was when a lance corporal, who would be described as a REMF in airport lounge military yarns decided to shoot at me and some chums. He fired several rounds with an SLR which all missed. The circumstances will have to remain closed. I went grey quite young.

Jack: buy the bloody WLF.

Thanks for the comments, I'm a British Horse Society Riding and Road saftey Examiner, in my other life, so please all when out with the toys, give all other Vunerable road users a chance. Preaching to choir I know. But at times were supposed to sensible . Jack fit a pair of shafts to the front of a WLF, then you will both be happy and save a fortune on a dray wagon.