FV421

Bob Grundy

I was watching a recorded film on Talking Pictures TV, 'The Leather Boys' 1962ย  the other day and noticed this. The motorcyclist were returning from Edinburgh, but it could be anywhere.

The vehicle at right angles to the road is an experimental FV421 Load Carrier, so keep your eyes open you never know what you can see on an old movie.

FV421.JPG

• Like 3

4 hours ago, john1950 said:

Was Bluebell not looking for 431 pictures?

She was! BlueBelle with three 'e's. Well remembered John ๐Ÿ˜Š

I saw the video above a good few years ago. Of passing interest only as it wasn't a Libya one as far as I knew then. I now know the ERMs of not one but THREE FV421s that were trialled in Libya with 6RTR and even better, I write to the drivers of two of them and now have a wonderful photographic collection of them there, including five glorious colour slides of them, two bogged down on the Leptis Magna Training Area by the beach and being recovered by an Explorer which was using the third FV421 as a winching anchor (is that the correct recovery terminology, I wonder?). One of the Load Carriers had ditched it's artificial load of Centurion track links joined up in a circle, to make the dragging out of the bog a little easier, so thought I. All will feature in a stand-alone chapter in theย  history of 6RTR in Libya (WIP).

Nice to look in here from time to time, especially when my sixth sense tells me to! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Like 1