Tool roll and tyre pump

Sipke

For completing my '44 RE WDCO i am looking for a tool roll and a correct tyrepump.
Need to put my tools somewhere.
Does anyone has some sort of an idea wher i could buy this?
A nice replica of the items is fine by me.
Best regards,
Sipke

I believe a number of the tool rolls supplied by the manufacturers were  thin rexine type as its compact (triumph certainly) but they were too fragile to survive and became brittle so I have yet too find a surviving example after 12 years of searching.

The manufacturers tool roll contents were supplemented by both the riders and army .for examp!e adding a chain splitter ...

My suggestion would be to search for a small army tool roll on eBay and build your own kit up .the handbook should list the manufacturers issued tools and I am aware of photos on this forum and the web of tool kits

Jenkinov

WD/C - WD/CO tool rolls were made in brown gaberdine cotton cloth, with a stone red hessian cloth lining. Rexine was only used for the edges. Here's an original one and a replica:

IMG-2154.thumb.JPG.879f6616598e4c3b00d27a9e809730bd.JPG

There was a (basic) "Tool Kit" and a "Supplementary Kit". See pictures below.

toolkitkopie.thumb.jpg.189696453195de1a43c7581ab9f7dc51.jpgIMG_2806.thumb.JPG.518c2fbb060af2a48d602bd4a9ba72df.JPGIMG_2808.thumb.JPG.ff1bc3f8de1669120673f2082657c233.JPG

• Like 1

The "Geitje" was not a military vehicle and not subject to the "Task System" of maintenance. British army tools were sometimes a little large and clumsy, but they were suitable for the operations for which they were intended. This photo shows late and early war Norton 16H tools...There is no alternative for the cranked gearbox spanner.

IMG_4432 (2).JPG

Tools Joined Complete 2.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, welbike said:

Here's my original Task for today sign, as used from Normandy to Belgium, where it was found behind a pub after the war. and a little booklet with the instructions.

Lex

002.jpg

011.jpg

Beautifull sign Welbike

• Like 1