Standard Tilly Van?

peter75

8 hours ago, smaug8u said:

I have a picture of an RAF Air Traffic Control special panel van with the late grill.

Thanks for the information. I may have the remains of a van rather than a tilly converted to a van!

Hi Peter, I've seen pics of later vans in RAF use with BABS (blind/beam approach beacon system) gear - serials RAF 156717, RAF 156992 and RAF 157062.  Do you have the side panels?  If so, does the passenger side have some vents at the front?

On 4/2/2023 at 3:03 PM, Rootes75 said:

Do you have any plans for it yet?

I bought it thinking it was a tilly with the plan of building a new body. Now I'm not shore what I plan to do with it. First thing is to find more information on it.

On 4/2/2023 at 5:08 PM, Runflat said:

Hi Peter, I've seen pics of later vans in RAF use with BABS (blind/beam approach beacon system) gear - serials RAF 156717, RAF 156992 and RAF 157062.  Do you have the side panels?  If so, does the passenger side have some vents at the front?

I'm afraid most of what I have is in the pictures. I have contacted the guy I bought it off who is going to try to contact the family of the previous owner to see if anymore body parts can be tracked down.

• Like 1