BSA Para Bike info Needed!

ferretfixer

Hi @John Bradshaw

We've all been there (-:

Thanks, I'd not seen the parabike in the link. Thanks for pointing it out. (-:

Sadly, no S/N, (when researching, this is really frustrating, I have seen literally hundreds I couldn't get a S/N for) but it must be quite close to yours (ie, in the around R21500 to 22900 range) because of the BSA wingnuts, making it a rare frame type.

However, at least the wheels, handlebars, brake levers and saddle are all incorrect.

I don't do Facebook (perhaps I should rejoin), but another friend tells me that R31999 has just turned up on the Parabikes forum. The nearest survivor to that I have listed is R31935, which is one of mine (-:

Best Regards,

Adrian

Adrian, I think you should. It's quite an useful group, IMO, and there have been a couple of frames recently that may be new to you. Eg a chap who found complete bike last weekend for £250. Green, BTW.

You mentioned images from late August 1952, IWM. I can't find them in IWM search. Have you seen the images i found in BSA company records in 1979ish? J

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @John Bradshaw

Sorry for the delayed response. It's a bank holiday here (14th July), giving me a chance to catch up on my post. I have fingers in too many pies at times. (-:

Thanks for the additional information. I appreciate you taking the time.

For research, no I have not seen your images from the 1979 BSA company records, and would welcome a view.

I understand there is very little paperwork remaining from BSA, but some wartime production minutes and other documents are stored at University of Warwick. I keep intending ordering the files one weekend when I'm over there toread through, just to see if there's anything of interest.

eg, "minutes of the meetings of the Research and Design and Management sections, 1944-1952; copies of the minutes of minutes of the Sales, Research and Design and Management meetings, 1944-1945;"

https://mrc-catalogue.warwick.ac.uk/records/BSA

I suspect ythese are too late for what we are interested in, but I can't find anything else, and you never know. (-:

Best Regards,

Adrian

PS, please see the Personal Mail I've sent you through the site.