Just got my Pig!!

da bomb

Ha ha! i was wondering how long it would take someone to notice!! :roll:

No it didnt come with the sump diff guard, and at some point in its past, the second tank was removed, the chequer plate on that side has been replaced, so no filler hole (Bad enough filling up one tank is suppose!)

Surprised you didn't ring the rusty looking exhaust bracket as well, i haven't exactly sussed out what that should attach too. as far as i can see...nothing!

With exception of the brakes though it is quite straight and tidy.

No it didnt come with the sump diff guard,

Well I suppose if you are going to off road it then you could fit the rear one at the front. But it does serve the purpose of maintaining the position of the chassis on the axle housing, as at present it just rests on a rubber moulding in the inverted U of the chassis.

Surprised you didn't ring the rusty looking exhaust bracket as well, i haven't exactly sussed out what that should attach too. as far as i can see...nothing!

Yes it looked a bit improvised but I didn't want to be a misery when you have a new toy.

Is that the proper downpipe? It should go very close to the shock absorber & should have a plate on the pipe fitted with asbestos

From where I'm looking, the tyres look in a very good state.

Its makes you wonder how capeable the original 1 ton truck was.

Having been a passenger in one, when marking out and driving safari course

in my All wheel drive club days,............at Bovy, (cor, that ages me. :whistle:)

they are VERY comfy. :-) :-) getting the thing airborne, thinking 'this is going to hurt,............but no. :-)

The Pig looks pretty darn good , And the Open country side is quite scenic too.What is the name of the highest mountain thats so beautifully sunlit in the background?

That is "Tap o Noth" there is a rough track up to the top, there used to be a Fire watch hut on the top, now mainly used by the paragliding types!

We are quite fortunate to be blessed with some good tracks to be driven, the local farmers etc are quite happy about it, as it keeps them open!

So I take it if you were to travel a bit wide of what ruts might be there and just happen to flatten or otherwise crush any saplings that happen to be in the way :whistle: , the Farmers are only too happy?!!!. Sounds like a great combination , large armoured vehicle and paths needing to be turned back into farm trails. ;-)