25Pdr limbers

How much would a 25Pdr limber cost as this guy has 3 for sale, not to bad nick. see photos. He has 3 of them. i wonder if its worth buying them.

One dated 1943. The guy wants to sell all 3 in one lot. i don`t need them all.

No description available.No description available.No description available.No description available.

Edited by Morris C8

Well done for saving them!

I do not claim to be an expert but do be careful about exporting these from one country to another.  If it was to be exported from UK, I think that it might well need an export licence as it is a trailer "specially designed for carrying ammunition".  

John

12 minutes ago, attleej said:

Well done for saving them!

I do not claim to be an expert but do be careful about exporting these from one country to another.  If it was to be exported from UK, I think that it might well need an export licence as it is a trailer "specially designed for carrying ammunition".  

John

Hi John, its in Portugal and that`s where i live. I wonder if it was made in the UK or Canada.

limber 13a.JPG

limber 12a.JPG

limber 11a.JPG

limber 10a.JPG

limber 9a.JPG

limber 8a.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0782.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, attleej said:

They would be easy enough to machine but would need a lathe and a milling machine with an indexing head. They cant be made from hex bar because the seating is a larger diameter than the hex.  What is the thread on the stud?

John

Are they integral, captive or might they be separate washers like the old Scammells?