New to this board

antarmike

Lets see now , Great photograph's each and every one , Your quite right to keep the roll cage !!!Does it have rear steering or? I can understand it being a handful at anything above 20 mph that case.

Do you have a garage for all your vehicles? with two beasts that size the Antar (or is it more correct to call it a Mighty Antar ? ) and the Scammell you would need a good sized industrial Building !!!

I take it She's enjoys having such a Large vehicle of her own !

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

width=360 height=480http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q208/antarmike/pic5.jpg[/img]

Nearly didn't have a scammell anymore after a tyre fire on the Dyson Trailer with the (still Petrol) Scammell on the back, (and the fuel tank on that side too)

Remember reading about your fire in the MVT Windscreen mag Mike, looks like you was very lucky you never lost the scammell.

Any Matador fans out there?

Oh yes :banana: You'll have got a lot of folk excited with this shot! I imagine those softer tryes help a lot with traction :dunno:

Welcome on board, great to see you are not afraid to work your toys hard - its what they were built to do. :-)

Usually the new boys get their tyres let down on the first visit to the clubhouse, but in your case (Antar and Dyson) it would be just too much effort :whistle:

Tony

Bodge Deep, there was a single-axle flying control trailer at Rougham Airfield (Rougham Tower Association), at the rally there, weekend before last. Couldn't get close enough to "clock" it properly, but it looked "in period" and in good condition, AND doing the job it was designed for.

Bodge Deep, there was a single-axle flying control trailer at Rougham Airfield (Rougham Tower Association), at the rally there, weekend before last. Couldn't get close enough to "clock" it properly, but it looked "in period" and in good condition, AND doing the job it was designed for.

If you need photos of this, Bodge, let me know - might get time to oblige.

width=640 height=480http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q208/antarmike/dorset2007059.jpg[/img]

Loaded up and ready to leave for home GDSF2007 ( only 260 miles to go!)

There were two Control Caravans at Newark Air museum, I think at least one was single axle. I'll see if I can find the piccys I took and post them sometime over the W/E

How on earth do you take a roundabout with this beast? FANTASTIC!

You sure have the good stuff!!

An Artic is limited to 15.9 metres, but a heavy locomotive towing multiple trailer can run at 25.9 metres, providing one of the trailers is less than 7 Metres. When running like this I am 25.850 metres.

The Dyson follows a treat, and the rear trailer is a lot narrower so you can forget about that. The only problem is that reverse is out of the question so you always have to be able to move forward. Ie don't turn down dead ends or stop so close to a vehicle that you can't go round it should it choose that moment to break down.

The other problem with running like this is I am about 66 tons and only 300 BHP gross.