H licence

On 8/28/2021 at 6:23 PM, Rodney Maynard said:

I haven't contacted dvsa but with the driver shortage on hgv side I think tests for G and H will be put on the back burner or changed at some point. I would to do both of them but can't see it happening. I think the only way you might get the a H licence is asking a farmer for his challenger or own one yourself and chances of getting a test at present pretty low. 

I was told any tracked tractor wider than 2.55 would be disqualified. 25 inch tracked challengers are very rare they tip over on slopes.

2 hours ago, Bob Grundy said:

Probably the last sentence....!

1 hour ago, attleej said:

Dear All,

Unfortunately, and as I explained to NIck, I am currently recovering from Chemo for NHL and I am still clinically extremely vulnerable.  The doc has banned me from London until Feb next year and I do not take any avoidable risks.  Touch wood, I have not yet had an infection.  Bearing in mind the inconsistent way in which DVSA has been operating, it will make for an interesting meeting at a senior level at the Department for Transport when I can get to London.

The good news about my illness is that it makes for plenty of time to work on the REME Museum's Conqueror ARV!

John

You and me mate, don’t forget those 430 smokes .

• 11 months later...

I appreciate the update with Cat H training from Nick at Tanks Alot. I did drop my interest for a while. Earlier this year phoned a local company in Norfolk again as found out he had a tracked agricultural vehicle and was training with it. Ask about finally doing my Cat H and Cat G. My mouth dropped when he said 1800 pounds for Cat H and 2300 Cat G. If anyone knows anyone who can do a special deal for please get in touch would be much appreciated. Ps not paying that lol 😆 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, ajmac said:

A friend of mine who is a farmer took his H test at his farm, just booked the test on line, examiner turned up and done.  Obviously you need a farm and the correct expensive tracked vehicle for that to work out 😂

does not need to be an expensive one!

4 hours ago, terryb said:

does not need to be an expensive one!

No, but if you don’t have a suitable vehicle already, buying one to take the H test in would probably come to more than the £1200 or whatever it is to take an organised course.

• 4 weeks later...