Munga talk...

Snapper

HI THERE MATE NOT BEEN ON THE WIFE IS ALWAYS ON EBAY DON'T MIND IF SHE IS

QUIT. JUST PUT A MICRA ENGINE IN ONE OF MY MUNGAS THE OTHER AS NO ENGINE

AS THE CRANKSHAFT DIED:cry: GOT LOTS MORE MUNGA,WARBURG ENGINES TO PLAY WITH

BUT WOULD LIKE TO GET NEW CRANKSHAFT FOR ONE OF THE MUNGAS SO IF ANYBODY

IN MUNGA LAND NO WERE I CAN GET ONE PLEASE LET ME NO

• 3 weeks later...
Like a bloody ghost town in munga land .Anyone got any munga chat ,news ,spares etc?:nut:

OK, OK some useless facts and figures.

introduced into service in 1956 as the Lkw 0.25t gl (4x4) MUNGA, with a 3 cylinder, 2-stroke 897 ccm motor. They cost about DM8,600 each (then about 661 quid, there were 13DM to the pound then!). 5,376 were delivered to the Bundeswehr in about 2 years.

In 1958, a further 19,785 vehicles were delivered, this time with the 975ccm 44bhp motor.

At this time, the so-called F91/8 was introduced, which had a lengthed chassis and altered bodywork. 3,240 were delivered.

Strangely enough, this vehicle was not widely exported, the only foreign users being the Netherlands Army and the British Berlin Brigade (29 Infantry Brigade). The Berlin vehicles were supplied as an offset to the stationing costs.

Edited by schliesser92

• 2 weeks later...

Rear of chassis nearly done , some bits on there way from Kemper so that should help matters.

Front of chassis started now with the hubs in bits .engine and box out soon so its getting there slowly .

Anyone know how to get in touch with Mungadrew? hard bloke to get to answer his phone !!!....

Edited by Willyslancs

Got a question guys, are these brackets for under chassis protection?.....

Only just got round to looking underneath and in parts book.

Those brackets are the mountings for "End plate, differential", which has a cut-out to fit over the prop-shaft, and also the front mountings for "Cover plate, differential", which goes under the diff and folds up behind it.

Hope this helps.

Has anyone heard from Andy Roberts lately? He seems to have gone very quiet since his mishap - hope he's OK.

John

Hi Will, does your rolling chassis have any of its underplates, particularly "Cover plate, engine" (the front one) and "Cover plate, differential"? I have the gearbox one - a bit bent, but will straighten! Also need "engine side panel, lower, right" (I have 3 left ones, one was on it and 2 that Kemper sent by mistake - should have been right-hand, but the pictures on their website are the wrong way round!)

John

Hi Guys

Just to let you know that I kept our end up by being at the Great Dorset Steam Fair a few weeks ago with my 91/4 Munga. When I applied to enter the section steward said " We have not had one of those for years, of course you can come and I will make room for you". Had loads of Dutch people come and talk and one who said he hated the bloody thing as he had to live with it in the winter for two weeks with no equipment or side screens when he was in the Dutch Army. Must have been a good boy as they have asked me back next year.

The other news is that I am about to start on the F91/6 but I need front wings and side panels if any one knows where to get them.

Graham

F91/4, F91/6, Haflinger and Chevrolet CMP30

2010-Dorset-01.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again. Sorry I have not been about, but as you know I had a bit of a accident. To make sure I rested etc, Trish (who is a nurse, so knows best) has been looking at the forum and telling me what's going on. But she did not want me to get back to doing things, until I was fit enough to do all the things she knows I would want to do.

Anyway, all but back to as close as we can expect to normal operation. So over the next week or so, I will start to get things back in hand.

It's good to be back in MUNGA land at long last! Trish I know will ensure I don't go at things like a bull at a gate, but hope to be able to help people as much as I can.

First answer to a question is, yes 205x16 fit and are a good ride. But like ALL tyres on fitted to the MUNGA, you must make sure that the wear is the same on ALL the wheels. If you don't, you will get wind up in the transmission. That can lead to the joints wearing quickly, and problems with the gearbox etc.

Hello,

As the clocks have now gone back I have started work on the Munga again......

We have removed the rot from the RHS (where the spare wheel locates)

I have checked my rolling chassis, sorry it does not have any belly plates.

Will

RRHS_Lo_RES.jpg