Hello

Val

Hi everyone,

I'm Sam, from London :) Have always admired military vehicles, especially Big Bertha and the Alvis Saracen. I've recently found out how cheap they are to buy. I always thought many £10,000s lol. So I'm in the position of looking to purchase a Saracen has a childhood dream.

Great forum!

Welcome Sam and welcome aboard!

Many thanks for the introduction and you will be amongst good company here as we have a vast arrea of vehicle owners. The post war guys will be here soon...as soon as they get out of bed. Owning an MV is most certainly a life changer.

Any problems then please just give me or one of the Mods a shout.

Cheers

Jack.

Welcome!!

A Saracen - blimey!

The PW crew are alive and well. Our corner of the clubhouse has electric power and flushing toilets - which as newbie, you must keep clean until further notice. It goes with the territory, Once you've made enough posts you'll be given your own mop. It's great here. Keep your hands off my Custard Creams.

While the asking price of O.D. vechiles may be low .....its the restoration and upkeep that adds up very fast as most of these HMV's were not engineered for economy of operation . Nor are many of them very fast ... but the bigger they are the more the traffic generally tends to give way ! Good luck in your search and Welcome to the Group !

Hi Sam,

Well PW metal, is a good starting point, before graduating onto the REAL stuff; .............. ;-) :whistle: :whistle:

WW2(and WW1,..)military vehicles................ :-D :-D

Welcome to the ............................ :dunno:

All the best,

Andy

Hi Sam.

Why the screen name Val. :dunno: No figure.

Anyway, you will find all the info you need to assist with MV ownership on here.

I have posted RE your Saracen - congrats - I think. :roll:

Welcome to the strange and frightening world of Armour.

Any props - scream on here but don't expect any sense. :-D

Have fun.

Markheliops