Jimmy Wobble

Mark

At the weekend I checked the aforementioned track rod and bushes, and found them to be OK, then on the way home I had a thought, could the truck be in all wheel drive as in all the axles driving, the 2 levers are in the rear most position so my question is, where should they be ?

At the weekend I checked the aforementioned track rod and bushes, and found them to be OK, then on the way home I had a thought, could the truck be in all wheel drive as in all the axles driving, the 2 levers are in the rear most position so my question is, where should they be ?

Right where they are Mark. Right lever forward for low box and when you engage the left level (6 wheel drive) it will also pick up the right lever automatically to engage the low box.

:shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

• 3 months later...

Now having brought the truck home I finally had a decent check of the tyres and found that the inner ones are 15psi lower than the outer which are 55psi, this could explain the "violent shimmy" as said before.

Another thought has occurred, if the truck is not loaded would it need the 55psi in the tyres, I know in the Reo I used to get a bounce when empty so lowered the tyre pressures and it went away, would this do the same on the jimmy?

Mark this is what I had, Violent wobble at about 35, I cured it by replacing the lower king pin bearings which were well ****** if you understand what I mean. under the top and bottom bearing caps on the steering swivels there are shims these can be removed or added to, to get the correct pre load see my post about it.