Rolls Royce B series engine oil filter conversion

hardyferret

Iam judging interest from you all on a kit to replace the c$ap original filter and bowl, with an adaptor/ and plate to allow the use of a modern spin on filter.

This is a reversable mod if you wanted to go back at some point to original.

This filter head is common to Champ Ferret Pig Saracen Saladin etc

There has been an adaptor produced before BUT had a number of issues which this kit addresses.

A firm price is not possible until numbers are known but far from extortionate and will allow the use of a spin on at approx £10 !!

Regards Hardyferret :-D

This one has been thrashed to death on the FH Forum & someone on there is supplying one already... why change it when the originals are still available :dunno: these filters were in service for over 50 years with no problems :whistle:

Ahhh the Yank adaptor, after getting one and looking at it and talking to various owners there is an issue with the seal seat area,where the new spin on filter has to bear against the groove and original cannister seal, which I have looked at, inconjunction !!!! With a learned friend.

The original does the job, but as we all know how much oil do you want to slop around and the seal can and do leak, which I've experinced and others.

Also those bat wing filters are no way as efficient as modern filters.

Regards HF :-D :-D

Iam judging interest from you all on a kit to replace the c$ap original filter and bowl, with an adaptor/ and plate to allow the use of a modern spin on filter.

This is a reversable mod if you wanted to go back at some point to original.

This filter head is common to Champ Ferret Pig Saracen Saladin etc

There has been an adaptor produced before BUT had a number of issues which this kit addresses.

A firm price is not possible until numbers are known but far from extortionate and will allow the use of a spin on at approx £10 !!

Regards Hardyferret :-D

If it works - I'd be interested......... :-D

Does anyone have any idea if I could convert my J60s to a standard spin on filter in this way?

Chris

There's a spin on filter kit for the civi 4.2 jaguar engine where the filter assy is horizontal to the block don't know if it'll fit a J60

chris