Does anyone know what became of the Fast & Furious film tanks?

terryb

One was on Milweb for a while, I don't know if it ever sold.

Andy

yes I think your right, there were 3 real Sherman's used, both early war and late war models. Someone must have bought 1 of the other 2 for it's provenance, although the movie was a little on the goofy side with the bumper-car tank battle and the last-stand scene especially .

ok, I looked it up and I actually saw that one at a friends house FF no. 6. I think I might have seen one other of the what, 8 movies?

Other than the tank, the movies were so terrible I completely blocked it from my memory.

According to this clip , it's a "Chieftain WW2 tank" , that first went into production in 1966

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/set-fast-furious-6-they-499315

I believe Carl Brown was selling the actual Fast and Furious tank for a customer of his...not sure if it sold

021.jpg

The other tank was a mock-up on a truck chassis with tracks that rotated, for the high speed work, was also for sale on Milweb a long time back

020.jpg

022.jpg

well since we're on the topic of tanks that appeared in Movies starting with the the Letters Fur ;) , I found this video on one of the Fury Shermans. I thought this was CGI, but they used an actual Sherman during the opening Tiger ambush, and blew off a Fiberglass turret.

Tank later restored

parts one and 2

• 7 years later...