Guess where i took the Autocar

Darn! I didn't think that anyone would guess that quickly.

Here are some more pictures.

width=640 height=480http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/Greatwartruck/DSCN4398.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=800http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/Greatwartruck/DSCN4379.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/Greatwartruck/DSCN4408.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/Greatwartruck/DSCN4410.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/Greatwartruck/DSCN4417.jpg[/img]

A most entertaining day out. Even the weather was perfect. Unfortunately we attracted the attention of a group of peace protestors who kept shouting "end the war" at us. I was torn between shouting back "get a job" or "it actually ended 89 years ago", but decided on neither and just gave them a wave instead.

Thanks for the hint on the Daily Mail, i will see if i can find a copy.

Tim (too)

Yes, absolutely. It would have been just my luck if it had been cancelled at the last minute due to terrorists. Similarly, if Blair had resigned a day later it would have scuppered the event as well. It worked out very well, especially with the weather.

Steve had taken a week off work to clean and polish it. It is now a different colour from how i remember it. Still managed to get oil all over my jacket though.

I have attached a scan from todays Mail. Hope it does not offend anybody. Will remove it if it does. Apparently, i have the Queens ear!

width=640 height=280http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/Greatwartruck/Mail1.jpg[/img]

Personally I can't see how the photo could offend anyone,...........think its great for the MV movement, as a whole, something as 'high profile', as this event was, (although must admit to not knowing anything about it, before hand), is shown to a wider audience, which can only be good.

So many people think that because we drive (ex) military vehicles and 'dress

up as soldiers', we all hanker after the war years, glorifying the loss of life, etc.

Events like this one, hopfully, redress the balance, slightly...........

Andy

Quite right Andy, well said. I was joking a bit about the "offend" thing. I have a work collegue who is offended by the daily Mail's existence, so i try to wind him up as much as i can. I was also wondering about the copyright issue and whether i might be censored for that. It hasn't happened yet

We were not allowed to take photos of the Queen. or in fact have cameras out at all while she was walking about.

As we paraded down the mall, the band in front, followed by some FANYS on horseback then 27 vehicles in date order, an American bloke came running up alongside and asked why we were parading. I said we were celebrating 100 years of the FANYS which left him a little confused.

Tim (too)

I remember you, but didn't make the connection with the London Scottish badge at the time. I wish that i had come and said hello to you.

A good clip of film, but i was just out of the shot or standing behind Steve. Nevermind, i have the photos to prove that i was there.

I remember that you had a knife in your sock (technical term I cant pronounce or remember - Skein Dhu or something similar). Did the policeman take it from you when they searched the vehicles?

Tim (too)

In a few years these vehicles will be over 100 years old, I almost can't belive it! But thinking of the care given by the owners it doesn't suprise me if we see them around in another 100 years.

Royalty and MV's, in Norways army museum they still have what is known as the King's Dodge. A WC56/57 that was used by the late King Olav. I wish that one would appear more often at events.

Marty

Hi guys, I was there too! Was in my 80" Landy...

Nice pics Tim, thanks for sharing them, nice to see what the front of the convoy looked like :-D Was it you I got to chat to briefly just before we were allowed to leave? Loved your truck, was drooling over it most of the day!!

Sue.

Hi Sue

It was a great day out. Didnt really have time to study the other vehicles as much as i would have liked to. Looking at the photos now i see things that i missed before.

It was my Brother Steve that you spoke to. He posts on HMVF under the name "Old Bill" (that is Old Bill of Bairnsfather fame not "Mr Policeman"). This is what he looks like:

width=366 height=772http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c309/Greatwartruck/OldBill.jpg[/img]

Actually thats not what Steve looks like, but "Old Bill" himself. I expect that Steve will have something to say about that.

You have quite a collection of vehicles. How did you manage to get so many?

Tim (too)

Hi Tim, I nearly got it right!! I know what you mean, I didn't get chance to look at all the vehicles there as much as I'd liked to. And they were all lovely machines.

As for my collection :whistle: erm I get one finished and get bored so get another project, but I have an issue when it comes to letting them go :-D

Sue

Oh I know about not letting go. I dont think that we have ever sold anything, we just build more storage space. Steves next big project is to build another shed to put the Dennis in. Then that will free up some room to rebuild something else. Did you see the photos of our collection on the British vehicle page. If not i will send you the link.

Tim (too)

Gorgeous vehicles - what is the six wheeled Morris?

The Morris is a CFDW which were built from 1933 to 1939. I think most were lost at Dunkirk. There are a couple of survivors though. This one belongs to Tony Oliver and is at his superb museum at Etonwick (Windsor). Well worth going to as he has some very interesting vehicles there.

Tim (too)

In a few years these vehicles will be over 100 years old, I almost can't belive it! But thinking of the care given by the owners it doesn't suprise me if we see them around in another 100 years.

Royalty and MV's, in Norways army museum they still have what is known as the King's Dodge. A WC56/57 that was used by the late King Olav. I wish that one would appear more often at events.

Marty

Hmmm, my name is Olaf and I have a WC 56.

Should I be wearing a crown? :-D