Mystery objects/ what are these parts

Zero-Five-Two

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in Clives Mystery Object Page, but anyway here goes.

My new toy came with quite a bit of stuff in its pump lockers, these few bits I cannot identify except to say they are nothing to do with a fuel tanker.

If any one can identify them or has a use for them let me know and I will pass them on otherwise they will be consigned to the scrap fund.

20160116_170324.jpg

Looks like some king of swivel hitch type of thing. Got a feeling I've seen something like it before but can't remember where, or what it was fitted to.

20160116_170358.jpg

Hook shaped thing, quite heavy duty job despite the surface rust

20160116_170215.jpg

Got 3 of these. About 18" diameter and half an inch thick solid aluminium, each of the holes have a screw thread in them

Any ideas or suggestions most welcome

First bit is surely the towbar attachment for the front bumper when it breaks down, second bit looks like something to stop it overrunning a towbar of some kind.

Aluminium plates - no clue, but they look like they could fit hatches or mount filter / pump kit of some kind.

First bit is surely the towbar attachment for the front bumper when it breaks down, second bit looks like something to stop it overrunning a towbar of some kind.

Aluminium plates - no clue, but they look like they could fit hatches or mount filter / pump kit of some kind.

Tow bar? No, bit of a size issue. Whole thing is only about 18" long and 4" wide. Might fit the front of a wheel barrow. The pins at each end are no more than 3mm diameter.

Thanks for the replies chaps. Got another one here. 2 x tubes 24" long, with a slot running most of the length. A small triangular flange on the end. They are handed, with the flange on left and right sides.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112075[/ATTACH]

Looks like the artic heater vents from a land rover lightweight. If they are the ones they go above the doors.

Tow bar? No, bit of a size issue. Whole thing is only about 18" long and 4" wide. Might fit the front of a wheel barrow. The pins at each end are no more than 3mm diameter.

I'll plead lack of scale reference in the original photo m'lud :angel:

It still looks like lifting or towing kit, but with 1/8" pins ( don't do metric .... ) won't be for anything much. Hatch, flange, or the like lifting?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]111980[/ATTACH]

Got 3 of these. About 18" diameter and half an inch thick solid aluminium, each of the holes have a screw thread in them

Any ideas or suggestions most welcome

Do these fit the access holes in the top of the tanks, and are they for some kind of measuring operation?

trevor

Or are they 'moon discs' for the, ahem, custom version of the tanker...