New trucks on the block

Hi,

I met up with Rick in Milton Keynes he told me about the forum, so here I am. I see Tony Corbin and others I know are on here so it's obviously the cool place to be!!

Been collection British WW1 and WW2 kit for yonks and had several vehices. Had a few Jeeps but down to one now, as I just sold a project I was sadly not going to get around to. Got a couple of bikes and doing a truck at the moment, but it may go up for sale when it's done to fund something else.

Currently I looking for any photos on the inside/outside of the Wireless House Mk 111 body which I'm restoring to go on the back of a C4 or CS8, when I can find one. These bodies are pretty rare. I know there's one in Holland and one in the UK....

Any help much appreciated

cheers

Simon

Hi Simon! Welcome aboard the madhouse, Jack can tell you all about the dancing girls :dancinggirls: Oh and do behave when you are at the loo, there are others that need to go every now and then, remember!

Welcome Simon - good to have you here and pleased that Rick told you about HMVF as he is our Milton Keynes Rep...... :whistle:

At this moment in time I do not know the where abouts of the Dancing Girls.....last seen looking at Tootall Mikes knees :schocked:

And I think that Mrs HF has the keys to the drinks cabinet - she trying to help Joris dry out - shes good like that!

Cheers

Jack.

How do, Simon............

Another BRIT truck owner,..................?? :-D :-D

(however re-reading your posting, I MAY be wrong, :roll:)

Enjoy yourself,.....and re the dancing girls, I think there like the choccy bisc's..............ALL GONE........... :whistle:

All the best

Andy

Hi Andy,

Ta for your welcome. It was the first one that actually mentioned MVs!!!

You read it correctly. '44 Morris C8. I need a GS wooden body for it, or may sell it without when the rest is done if I can't get hold of one. Yes I know there are plans for a body on the 'net but it doesn't show the floor!! I have access to a few others so it can be done with not much probs. We'll see.

I'm after a C4 or CS8 for my radio body. SHame the C8 isn't the one I want as it runs beautifully thanks to the resto the previous ownerd gave it. Currently just a running chassis. I'm refinishing and painting all the bits to go back on but will have bits left over...

cheers

Simon

Hi Simon, glad you are here, not much action on mine at the minute due to being too busy at work! Just had the front mudwings made by a company in Manchester- not cheap! And sourced a NOS radiator surround with mesh for a good price! Will post pics when I get them. If you know anyone who needs a Landrover Ambulance let me know! :tup:

Simon.

I'm assuming if its the 'standard', gs body, pics of an MW would do, ??

think I'm right in saying gs bodys were standard across 15cwt's, 2wd drive ones, anyways.

Andy

HI Andy,

Yes they fitted the house body to different trucks so any pix of the right body willdo. There is an anomally when fitted to the C4 MkII with the lengthened chassis in that the wheel arch was elongated a little. Here's 2 pix of the right body on the 'wrong' ( for me) truck although this is exactly what I have.

Simon

PS I've a thread under british trucks too where I'll load up the photos as I go along, if there's any interest.

width=640 height=414http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m58/krazy_kats/IMAGE_6_edited_1.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=439http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m58/krazy_kats/IMAGE_5_edited_1.jpg[/img]

Hi Simon.

From my signiture, I guess you can see I've an MW, :-), it was built as an MWR, but as it stands, I've no radio kit in it ;............. I'm wondering if body tub, (timbers) are same as MWD (gs version).

What sort of pics are you looking for ?? I can photo mine 'inside the canvas', if it helps you.

All the best

Andy