My new project

arcot1751

Thanks both, yes awesome car, been going round it this morning and found evidence it was in Milan just after the war (two paper stickers). It has 44,000 on the clock and still got paint on the manifolds. Going to go through it then MOT to be safe but amazing underneath NO rust at all :-D

They don't build them anymore , that engine - I doubt if you will notice hills , have you any idea regarding the service "release date" ?

I have found out it spent its early years in Milan then moved to the UK, again with the American forces. I was told by the person who first discovered it, it was released in the late 60's early 70s. The original bumpers were wooden as there was a steel shortage after WW2 so Cadillac sent the cars out with wooden bumpers and a chit for replacements as steel became more readily available, however these were never fitted and were rumoured to have been mounted on the walls of the mess at Mildenhall ?? The ones fitted were imported from the States a few years back.