Diesel scorpion

donegalpatrol

was defo a scoprion thats just the wrong link i think

i looked at it whilst there the other day collecting some bits, it had a respray to make it look good but even sprayed over the moss.... not sure it was a 14k plus vat example.

hull # sco13 one after mine..

That's actually the first time they have put a scimitar on the auctions. It will be interesting to see if it meets the reserve as I know what they have been selling these for.

Did it sell or fail to meet the reserve?(scorp) what are withams like to deal with on a 1-1 if i were to call in person?

Gents,

I know bidding history on the Scorp. Sale closed at 21K. Below 20K, it was showing as not having met reserve, when it hit 21K, reserve was met. I am not sure if this was shill bidding or a real buyer got it.

As far as what it's like to deal with Withams, I only dealt with them once and it was about as pleasant as crawling over broken beer bottles. I bought a periscope and other gear at their tender. Mistakenly put in wrong lot # on bid form, so wound up overbidding for the (wrong) lot. They made me pay and buy it. OK, my mistake, I had to eat it. I paid for the other gear, including periscope, but when sent agent to collect it, they refused to release periscope. Claimed I lacked export permit (though miraculously I didn't need export permit for other parts!). Absolutely refused to listen to any logic (like periscope was going to be installed into a CVRW in England for which I had export permit so periscope would be part and parcel of CVRW & covered by permit; or periscope wasn't leaving England at pickup, so no permit was required to release it inside England; and if permit was required only for periscope, I'd get it).

I finally managed to get their managing director on the phone, who shall remain nameless, and he was about as accommodating as a prison guard. Basically told me "I don't care what you say, you're not getting the periscope" Then hung up on me. I had a lawyer write them letter demanding periscope (I paid for it in full, but they just issued refund a week later to my credit card). I even got the export permit for the periscope just to see if they would then release it to me. I never got it.

So, if you deal with Withams, expect the worst. Unfortunately, they are a monopoly and we collectors are forced to live under their oppressive regime. You may have different experience, but I cringe every time I recall mine.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice one Tim, that was a bargain!

Chris I'd had my eye on it for a while as I've been quite keen to get my hands on a diesel, so at that price it seemed rude not to! It's pretty tidy but is going in to have paintwork tidied before I take delivery....

Have you retrofitted clansman intercom to yours?

Have you retrofitted clansman intercom to yours?

Clansman intercom yes, I've not bothered with radios and have fitted Bowman bases and antennas to it. I put the crew boxes back where they used to be. I found the cable from the radio battery switch box at the back had been unplugged, stuffed in the corner and replaced in the socket with the Bowman one. When I swapped it back I had power again.