CVRT centrifugal clutch oil seals

Trooper839

Trelleborg sealing solutions (uk)ltd

international drive

tewkesbury

gloucestershire

gl20 8uq

united kingdom

Going by that address, it may well be the successor to Dowty Seals. Many years ago, possibly 17, I tried to obtain output seals for a CVR(T) gearbox and knew that Dowty made them as their instruction leaflet and the Tewkesbury address was in the army packaging of one I had seen before. They were unable to supply as it was a specific part ordered by MoD and not a general stock item. Hope you have more luck here.

These particular ones were an improved type of directional seal and colour coded for identification.

Edited by Richard Farrant

Hi all is anyone able to help with a source for new oil seals for the centrifugal clutch NSN 5330-99-3639724 part no. FV792970 your help is appreciated.

Daz

Simplest way is to visit your nearest bearing stockist either with the seal or the numbers off it. Did this last month-it was a relatively standard seal, albeit high temperature rated, and cost £3.78 plus vat!

Going by that address, it may well be the successor to Dowty Seals. Many years ago, possibly 17, I tried to obtain output seals for a CVR(T) gearbox and knew that Dowty made them as their instruction leaflet and the Tewkesbury address was in the army packaging of one I had seen before. They were unable to supply as it was a specific part ordered by MoD and not a general stock item. Hope you have more luck here.

These particular ones were an improved type of directional seal and colour coded for identification.

I suspect you're correct - Trelleborg's name is on the packaging of some "Dowty" washers I bought recently from xmod.

Andy

• 11 months later...

It's interesting, I just removed a Dowty seal from my gearbox/clutch and it was marked for direction. It wasn't in hopeless condition either but getting pretty firm. The replacement was one from Argus, it was a silicone-colored brick and quite supple.

Bought from TheXmod: https://www.thexmod.com/item_detail.asp?id=2836&t=Seal_Plain_FV658647

I've not seen any good deals on the output shaft seals though.