Morris commercial C4

Ian , there are some bits with the sandblasters for the trailer, so a big maybe for war and peace. For sure the interest is still there .

If you are coming by a radio box for the C4 on you discovery conquest just give a shout.

hmvf2.jpg

Edited by guy66

the back axle is ready to paint, get rid off the primmer that had been used by the previous owner.

I use a epoxy paint and don't want to take any risks with this primmer.

Also changed the front oil seal on the differential.

morris 22.JPG

Edited by guy66

received a parcel from the previous owner, he send my the PTO for the extra generator on a wireless C4. luckily he still had this part and didn't trow it in to the scrap bin !

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

Edited by guy66

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guy,

great talking to you at W&P, I'll look forward to following your progress on this thread. The C4 is looking great!

Check the Engine and to my surprise everything seems in very good condition, think the engine had a rebuild in France as the clearance on the pistons marks is in French.

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

Edited by guy66

Started to reassemble the engine and have the paint now a bit darker.

Camshaft back in the block and timed so I could fit the dynamo back in place. First time I work on a engine where the dynamo is driven by the timing chain, but this was the fashion in the 30th's.

Now I am looking for a clutch plate as the one I have is almost on to the rivets and will send the water pump away to EP service for reconditioning.

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

Done some more work on the Morris C4.

some extra assembly work on the engine, made the tube that go to the oil filter. On the engine the oil filter was delete and there was only a tube from the bloc to the main oil gallery.

IMG_1726.jpg

Started also on de cabin, first had a look how everything is assembled, the steel plate against the woodwork.

Repaired the floor and the front corners where the A post is assembled.

Next week I put the cabin in to paint and start to fit the plate work back on.

IMG_1730.jpg

And the modified front crash bar is back in to original shape.

cat 07.2014 049.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

Assembled the plate work on the wooden frame of the cabin, the metal bits are screwed and nailed to the wooden structure.

Before assembly I painted the inside of the metal bits. Now I will have to find out how the cabin rear bulkhead is arranged, there are only two locking clips left after de passenger seat and a lot of holes in the woodwork that must have been there fore some reason.

Always happy to receive some information on this subject, the Morris was a wireless truck so there was some sort off communication set up between the cabin and rear section.

IMG_1742_1.jpg

Had also a look how the A post are fitted to the floor. Now I have to wait the return from the sandblaster off the metal structure that hold the front of the cabin together and where the wooden A posts and sides of the windscreen are bolted on .

IMG_1738_1.jpg

And these are the two remaining clips I mention earlier, what is there use ?

IMG_1733.jpg

IMG_1734_1.jpg

IMG_1736_1.jpg

IMG_1737_1.jpg

IMG_1732_2.jpg

Edited by guy66

Found so extra bits for the Morris C4 , all the bits for the radiator air lock filler and new old stock clutch lining plus a new carbon clutch release bearing .

Have also the right water pump as the one go came with the C4 was something different ?

IMG_1745.jpg

The water pump that came with the C4, I don't think it is the right pump for this vehicle but for sure it is Morris.

DSC_5986.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

The bonnet came from France in 4 bits and there where some hinges broken.

Repaired the broken hinges and inserted 3 stainless steel rods to keep the bonnet and sides together.

Had also to do some panel beating as there where some nasty dents in these panels.

Panel work as it came with the C4 from France

DSC_5979.jpg

Repaired hinges and ready for some extra primmer.

IMG_1757.jpg

DSC_5975.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg